Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Halo 4 Anyone?

Discussion in Gaming started by DiSturbed0ne, Oct 24, 2012

1. Sep 20, 2012
    I know that the game is still 2 weeks away, but I am making this thread for those interested in playing some co-op/multiplayer. I will also be hosting a Halo Reach and ODST co-op campaign playthrough this weekend. Send me a friend request over live if interested.

GT:ThePatriot1992
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    Is Halo 4 coming out? I never played any of them (which is a shame probably)
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 18, 2012
      Is it coming out in 2 weeks? Oh nice, I haven't been following the whole gaming scene lately ... However I still have to think twice about buying it, I played one when it was well outdated and it was fun, and I never got to play 2 fully. However I played 3 over a dozen times damn that was a great game. From ODST I didn't expect very much since IMO it was kind of a inbetween game from 3 and Reach, but it still was a nice game.

HOWEVER Reach ... I've been looking forward to the campaign of this game for months and it was CRAP ... I've had no fun at all playing the campaign and I don't want to fall for it again. The CPU would just play your levels if you crossed those magic-invisible lines ...
    • May 15, 2011
      For the sake of continuing the series I will get it when I can. Otherwise, the games have gone off the deep end. Halo 1, 2 and Wars were the only decent ones. Then you got 3 and the story's turned into a stereotypical scheme. The Covenant and Heretics confuse the fuck out of me cause I keep shooting my own team. :I And once you get to the end, they force a remake of Halo 1 into it. I loved the last level of 1, but to pull it again was just sad.

ODST can die.

Wars is a nice twist on things. I don't know if it has a story but it's a nice relaxing game.

Reach felt so... Bland. Everything you looked at felt so monochromatic and the gameplay was so linear. In 1, the first time you played it, you felt like you were going were you wanted to or you would happen to coincidentally be in the right place. In Reach, I was being pulled to my next objective like product on a conveyor belt.

I do look forward to Halo 4, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything great. I love the Halo universe. I read the first three (good) books and I haven't missed an airing of Forward unto Dawn. But these games... I feel like I'm playing CoD, which sucks enough.
    • May 11, 2011
      I liked the first 3 with 3 being the only one i played on xbox the others i'm not really that crazy about but halo 4 dose look good.
    • Jun 23, 2011
      Out of all the halos I played I only enjoyed the first one

Halo 4 looks decent but its prob not going to be that outstanding
    • Aug 10, 2012
      I've loved all the Halo's, 3 being my favorite.
      Now with Halo 4, the only reason it is being made is because of 343, if bungie never sold the title Halo 4 would've never been made.
      Why?
      Because Halo 3 was supposed to be the last and final. The ending shows that.
      IMO Halo 4 might just be dragging it on abit.
      But anyway, I am still going to buy it. I am quite excited to see what 343 have done, with their new aspects on things.
      My GT is: Spyro40k
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Got Halo $ Limited pre ordered for the launch
    • Dec 19, 2008
    • Sep 20, 2012
      Apollo I got your request and Spyro I sent you one.

It is interesting to see the mixed response you guys have for the series, because I have similar views. My favorite campaigns are from Halo 1 and Reach. I enjoyed 2 and ODST, but Halo 3 left a sour taste in my mouth. Much of the story revelations felt rushed and others completely uneccessary. I will not get into my complaints about that game, since I could probably write a term paper on that subject alone. However, Halo Reach gave me a glimmer of hope for the franchise after the credits rolled. It was a step in the right direction as far as the evolution of the gameplay mechanics for the series as well as storytelling. The game had a great sense of scale and had a much better open-ended level design than any of the previous entries.
    • May 5, 2012
      ERMERGERD I'm getting halo 4 just for the story.
    • May 14, 2012
      ive played every halo game there is and for halo 4 im going to buy the limited edition console most likely. the multiplayer looks way better than halo reach and halo 3 combined.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I may have to check out Halo 4 now after reading all this. Could be worth it.
    • Aug 18, 2006
    • Nov 6, 2011
      your the best but to be honest i just wanna see what the storyline is gonna be like the multiplayer can suck a dick
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 19, 2008
        Story line I feel is going to be amazing!
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 6, 2011
          i mean im hoping so too but will see theres been disapointments in the past
          • Agree Agree x 1