Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

halp.

Discussion in Minecraft started by Taters, Sep 21, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2008
    I plan to start up a server, whether I host it myself, or not. I've never done this before, so any help would be appreciated.

I plan to make it mostly PvE with designated PvP areas. I do not want the server to be too too big, as I don't want it to cost a lot. Maybe 20-30 at most.

Dharkk referred me to a hosting site, so I was considering that. However i have not had a chance to tinker with how a server is managed, as far as creating settings and, in general, management.

I don't want to add too many plugins, but I have a short list of what I do want added on.

I Wish to make it public, because if I were to keep it pF exclusive, nobody would play on it. Don't say you would either, I know the truth.

If someone who has ran a server before could give me some more info, i'd appreciate it. I'll see what i can learn on my own, but as said before, any help is greatly appreciated.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      Bro it's honestly pretty simple. You and I would probably have no issue at all running it whatsoever, with a very low margin of error. In my experience, anything beyond the already drag and drop, where you start getting into editing permissions for everyone [be it groups or individuals] is where it starts getting complicated.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      If it's something more complicated then using a control panel you're welcome to ask for help.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Only prob is I don't want it to eat a lot of bandwith. I want to have it constant, not only at certain times.

Also @Kyle thanks, If it comes up, ill seek your advice
    • May 27, 2008
      If you're going to pay for a host, just do it.
      Peter, Sep 21, 2012 Last edited by Peter, Sep 21, 2012