Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hammer Blarghhh

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by sajak, May 9, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    So I finally decided to come back and release some (about eight) quality maps that have been sitting idly for the community. I haven't touched Hammer for a few months so I didn't know Steampipe fucked shit up. So let me get this straight....

To see custom materials/models/sounds in Hammer (instead of error signs), I have to place a copy of all my custom materials in my regular CS:S folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sajak\counter-strike source\cstrike
    To see custom materials/models/sounds in CS:S (instead of error signs), I have to place a copy of all my custom materials in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike
    Why the FUCK do I have to have a dupe of all my custom shit (19GB worth once, 38GB with dupe) in order to map? I'm severely confused. Someone shed some light on this.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    EDIT: Never mind, i re-read that.

EDIT 2: This is the best tutorial i found as a temporary work around. Idk if something i did with that fix my models and materials, but mine show up fine (when hammer actually fucking launched for me)
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Motherfucker, I just read that whole thing for no reason.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 31, 2011
      Excuse my ignorance in this issue, but couldn't you simply make a hard junction to the directory you want?

1. First of all, rename your "sajak\counter-strike source\cstrike" folder to something else, so we can use the name for the link.
      2. Open up command prompt, in administrator mode.
      3. Then type in:
        mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sajak\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
      4. Hit enter, and you're off!
      What this does is redirects any requests from your "sajak\counter-strike source\cstrike" folder to your "common\..." folder without anyone knowing the wiser. It's not like a shortcut link, it actually treats the directory like it's completely normal.

Give it a try, you've only renamed your folder after all and can revert everything back by simply deleting the link (in Explorer) and renaming your old folder back.

... this is of course, unless I've missed the entire point :neutral:.

EDIT: Here is a tutorial thingy on Symlinks in Windows, in case you want to know more :grin:
      • Like Like x 1
        Novynn, May 10, 2013 Last edited by Novynn, May 10, 2013