Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resource HammerVmfHelper

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Luffaren, Jul 8, 2015

1. Feb 24, 2011
    I've created a small application in Java which is used to take source/css console commands and convert them into .vmf-compatible commands.

I mainly made it for myself, because i work in a pretty clunky way when it comes to the secret project.
    Basically i do something like this:
    - Create the layout/basic detailing in Hammer
    - Go ingame and spawn/do everything from the console (ent_fire commands)
    - Save those console commands in a .txt file/whatever
    - Go into hammer and add the outputs from the .txt OR put the commands in the .vmf directly

This program is made for the sole reason of doing something like this instead:
    - Create the layout/basic detailing in Hammer
    - Go ingame and spawn/do everything from the console (ent_fire commands)
    - Save those console commands in a .txt file/keep them in the console/whatever
    - Open HammerVmfHelper > copy+paste the console commands > click on "Compile to Text"
    - Copy+paste the output/result directly into the desired .vmf place
    - Peace on earth

I am gladly willing to work on something like this in order to satisfy my lazy needs, and i get the feeling that this might not be of any use for the majority of mappers, but for the small amount of people who might see some light in this, yer welcome matey!

HammerVmfHelper

Download link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13123326/LINK/Finished/HammerVmfHelper.zip
    • Programming King Programming King x 5
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Any extra tools in Hammer is always welcome! Seems like a great tool :smile:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 20, 2012
        Not being at your level of mapping guys and I don't know what this tool does, but it gets likes so I will add it to my map thread.