Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Happy Ramadan

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Benderius, Jun 19, 2015

1. Jun 11, 2012
    Yes I am hungry.
    No I am not middle eastern.
    Yes it's hard.
    No, you can't drink water (any liquid)
    Yes, it's for 30 days
    No, not 30 straight days. Only from Sun Up to Sunset (so in great Canada we eat at 3AM and don't eat again till about 8:50PM like today)
    No, if you are sick you can exempt yourself with the intention to make up the days after it ends.
    No, pregnant people are exempt too.

So happy Ramadan to the maybe 1 other person doing it. Now I just have to keep myself busy for another 3 hours. I don't know why I've used these pictures. oh and AMA

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Apr 26, 2015
    • May 2, 2013
      you are making me hungry! Do you enjoy making yourself hungry looking up those picture when you still have to wait 3 hours?!
    • Jun 11, 2012
      It's like Lent but extremer. More re-affirmation of 1-Self. Understanding how those less unfortunate than you are in certain cases. I explain ideas really badly so I'll point you to this synopsis https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Ramadan#Fasting

Imagine not eating for 17 hours. The more older you get, the easier it becomes, I've been doing it since I was 6 but it became more serious at 12.

Also looking at food make you eat whatever is served in front of you. That bland rice start to taste like freaking expensive lobster and steak I DON'T CARE.
    • Apr 26, 2015
      I'm pretty aware of what it is, going to a quite populated school with middle easterners, I've just never seen anyone outside that do it. Cool of you to do it. I like food too much to not have daily pizza.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jun 29, 2014
      • Jun 11, 2012
        It happens since you eat like 3AM and go to bed with a full belly. Eat at 8PM and over eat for 30 days.
      • Dec 30, 2006
        For science, measure your weight at the beginning on one specific time. Measure yourself at the end at the same time you chose on the first day. Report results for data analysis.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Proven that it still depends on eating habits. Most lose weights but you need to space eating time and sleeping time since that's the biggest factor. Metabolism does slow down on a daily routine and does take some traction to get it back after the 30 days.

Also for reasons I don't own a scale.
      • Dec 30, 2006
      • Sep 14, 2008
        The food! The Samosas especially *drools*
        • Agree Agree x 1