Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Harlem shake dance event?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Super Mario, Jun 15, 2013

Good idea?

yes 7 vote(s) 17.9%
Go f*ck yourself 28 vote(s) 71.8%
I'm too shy to be on youtube 4 vote(s) 10.3%
  1. Oct 17, 2011
    I have never seen pF having a harlem shake dance event. I think it would be awesome even if it's too late to have at least one event with 32 players.
    I came up with this idea after watching a few videos and i thought pF server should do one and post it on youtube and on their site.
    Here's the idea:
    1. We will need a badass mapper to make a badass small map (about 500x500 inches) full of explosions, harem shake song (of course), triggers that blasts players in some areas, edges, models and lots of crazy shit you can do in about 15 seconds.
    2. 32 players that will be going crazy on the map with different ideas.
    3. A good recorder sitting in spec to edit post the video on youtube.

I am not setting up this event yet until i get some ideas from y'all. I would unfortunatly give the mapper only a mall gift since i can't afford paying to 64 players, but it would be lots of fun if lots of people can participate in this. If i get a lot of agreements on this, i will set up the event.

I made this because it feels like the servers are getting boring and i want to try out something new. I

Here are some cool videos from other servers. It doesn't have to be only 30 seconds as we can extend the song maybe to something a bit higher like the first video.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Wg7Q90AYQ

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYCm-W2oMJI
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • May 14, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Oct 17, 2011
        can you suggest another new similar song that we can set up?
      • May 15, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Jul 8, 2012
          Haha I'm glad this fell out of popularity.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
        • Oct 17, 2011
          That video was made four months ago. You guys just want to keep on playing mako, predator and paranoid? Maps that have been created years ago and never say they're old?
          Ok.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          If you suggested this half a year ago, maybe. Unfortunately this is pretty long gone, a relic of our digital age past.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Do you know any cool 30 second songs similar to this and are not old??? I really want to make an event and something new for pF.
        • Jun 26, 2010
          This thread gave me cancer. Harlem shake was never a good idea.
          • Agree Agree x 4
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jul 1, 2010
          • Dec 12, 2011
          • Mar 12, 2008

your joking right
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
            • May 31, 2012
              I voted the go f*ck yourself cause the option was there but if you happened to catch me on I'd be willing to take part lol. First video was better than the second one IMO besides one idiot blocking all the action towards the end.

Harlem Shake is old but it would still be a fun event :razz:
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Mar 12, 2008
                I saw a video a whil eback about a jailbreak server, someone was playing a song over the mic, and they had to jump in beat with the music.

Anyone that didn't get with the beat got shot. was funny and awesome at the same time
                • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                • Feb 18, 2011
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Oct 17, 2011
                    Stuff do get old!!!!!!! So what? it wouldn't hurt to try something never done on the server. It doesn't mean the event will be awful.
                    For the last time, maps like unpanic, mako, predator, paranoid are made years ago and you guys say they never get old.

We could at least give it one try, do something new on pF. It won't be embarassing nor harm the server or i won't post on here again and people could keep telling me to go fuck myself.
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    • Agree Agree x 4