Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Harvey's Steals & Deals Headset

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Brett, Feb 9, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Well, I'm back with another success story with help from Harvey's 'Steals & Deals'. Your asking yourself, "is he really doing this?" You bet your sweet ass I am. Why am I doing this? Because I want to give Harvey credit and show others an awesome headset, something they could probably use. Plus, I never really trust 1/2 of the reviews you see on shit on Newegg or Amazon, some people are just plain stupid. This Plantronics Gamecom headset was originally $60.... which I bought for $20....

Are these cheaply made? Hell no. They feel extremely durable, the plastic feels very, very tough. The wiring is even coated with a hefty feeling rubber that seems almost invulnerable to damage. The mic hides up in the headset until it's ready to be used. Nifty.

Would I buy these for full price? It's pushing it, but I'd buy them for $60 if I was able to test them out.

Are these comfortable? Are these comfortable...? Are these..? Pfft, I feel like I'm wearing clouds on my ears. They are large enough to fit AROUND pretty much anybody's ears (they don't push on your ears, which is such a relief), unless you got some elf ears or some shit. No warm ear feeling either, they breathe, but also cancel out most noise. This lightweight headset sits delicately on your head, with a nice cushion on top that you'll see in the pictures below. I have a large head and these still fit very nicely. They can also adjust quite the distance for those who have a different head size.

How's the sound quality? The sound quality sounds perfect. I don't understand why people buy $300 gaming headsets for 5-10% better quality. Obviously there's a couple more perks included, but still. I wouldn't blow the extra $250 for a 5-10% quality difference.

Would I recommend these to a friend? Absolutely. These are only still $25 right now, but out of stock until the 16th. :confused: I'd suggest to pick up a pair if your looking for a decent headset but don't want to spend the cash.

Here's some Pictures of it:

And here's the piece of shit headset I've been using, probably the shittiest headset I've ever used. Roughly 5 years old I want to say...

This thing went through a ton of wear a tear. And it only has one earpiece because... well... let's just say MW2 was very stressful :whistling: You know you can't help throwing your headset across the room when you die on your 24th kill for the 3rd time in a row. :tongue:

Anyways, hope this has helped some of you decide on a headset to get.

Let me know what you think!
  2. May 22, 2011
    I have the same kind of head set :grin:. Except my cousin sat on it so now it's broken D: now i only use it as a mic and use normal headsets for my sound
  3. Mar 2, 2012
    Nice stuff!