Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Having difficulty with Signboards

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by benmytot, Mar 6, 2013

1. Nov 19, 2010
    Can any mappers tell me how I can put signboards in my map showing who created the map and so on?

I've seen a few tutorials on youtube but they're not really working out for me.. Does anyone have an easy way?
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    PAINT, GIMP, Photoshop. I would go for GIMP
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    Then Convert it to a .vmf file right?
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    To a .vtf with it's associated .vmt indeed

It's really easy to make, just have that, make a nice board out of brushes as a func_detail and put the front texture of that board with the texture containing all the credits.

Some people spend a considerable amount of time making them very nice and so forth, and use all the pletora of special effects. If you have the time to spend so much effort in something that I look into for just a few seconds, then that's your choice, otherwise keep it simple and it'll be done in just a few minutes.
  5. Nov 19, 2010
    Alright =D Thank you!
  6. Jan 14, 2013
    You can get a program called VTF edit, then make your image in photoshop or if youre really adventurous in paint. Then simply save to desktop. drag the jpeg/bmp right onto the shortcut in your desktop for VTFedit and it will start then just click next a few times then hit save and it will be saved to search for it in hammer

edit Sorry I didnt realized the thread was older, but maybe its and easier way to do it since you were having trouble.