Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Having problems with my pc and CSS

Discussion in Technical Support started by Hitman 47, Oct 15, 2014

1. Oct 25, 2012
    This issue has happened once while playing Dota2 but each and every time after its happened solely in CSS

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allotted time interval"

it then does a memory dump and I have to kill the power at the power supply before I can get back on its rather annoying more so I know from past experience that these kinds of crashes can and do cause damage anyone able to help with this?
  2. Oct 18, 2012
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    I dunno if @Joshy has time to help you with this, but I tagged him just in case.

I think it's important for you to say:
    - Which operating system do use?
    - Which graphic cards do you use?
    - Any recent changes (prior to this happening) eg put in a new graphics card or any updates on your computer?
    - Are your drivers up to date?
    - What have you tried doing so far to resolve the issue?

I Googled the error. It seems common for people who are using a graphics card incompatible with their operating system, improperly installed graphics card, related to updated or outdated graphics card drivers, or video settings for games that are incompatible with the graphics card. I read of one thread where somebody resolved it just by changing the video settings of their game. I also question if it could possibly be a fault graphics card? @Joshy would probably know how to test this.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Oct 25, 2012
      my OS is window's 7 my vid card is a GeForce 650 TI no recent changes and all my drivers are up to date.....and I haven't tried anything to fix the issue as of yet
    • Oct 10, 2014
      Ill try to help you fix this issue if I can when I get off work
    • Oct 10, 2014
      Before I forget, have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to these issues occurring?
    • Feb 27, 2012
      • Oct 25, 2012
        :shock: I did try to overclock my processor a few months back but I didn't think it worked especially since it didn't speed up :razz:
      • Oct 24, 2013
        You could also have wrong clock speeds for ram? Personally from experience if you overclock those 650 ti's too much they get very unstable. It's a very good card though, but I am assuming you have had it for at least 4 years.\

But if you have having a problem on your power supply you may also be affecting your bios and losing updates on drivers?

If you added a new cpu or hd recently you need to redo windows or else conflict can arise.
      • Oct 25, 2012
        no I overlocked my AMD Phenom x4 core processor
      • Oct 24, 2013
        Have you enabled/unlocked your cores? Not sure what you did to change your voltages, whether it was through a utility or through bios start up page.
        I'm just curious what part the resetting your psu has. I think something in post is being applied after you reset. Your battery in your mobo could be dead. So if you drivers are set up on the cpu on the HD running the updated version and your mobo keeps losing power reverting to old bios there may be an issue.

The other thing that loses memory with power loss is your ram so if you have accidentally messed up voltages on those guys or your clock rate for that there is possible problem there too.
      • Aug 2, 2014
        You should build a brand new gaming rig broski! you will not regret it! :cool:
      • Apr 26, 2012
        It could be your drivers conflicting with each other.
        I had this issue once. It ended up being my LAN drivers causing conflicts
        but it's almost never the same.
        I'd start with cleaning off old drivers and reinstalling them.
        Turn off all OC settings and see if it runs fluently.
      • Oct 24, 2013
        LAN drivers automatically renable upon start up
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Any drivers can reinstall if windows has a suitable driver for the hardware. Narrowing it down to one specific peice of hardware is completely false, as ive uninstalled network drivers and it has entirely stopped working upon restart because windows doesnt have a compatible driver it.
      • Oct 24, 2013
        4 core processors are rather old for pc technologyso possibly your cpu is maybe a little delicate. I dont generally believe over clocking should be performed unless it at least a six core. Being that most of the 4 cores are not rated over 2-2.5 Ghz. You're running slightly old hardware and overclocking can damage it quicker.
        You sure you didnt oc the gpu?

If you uninstall and they do not come back it is due to a corrupt system reserve not fulfilling its duty during post.
        Either the second processor is your gpu or an unlocked cpu core.
        There are programs that let you see the power use on each core.

What concerns me is you have fully unpower the system. Something is being reset by that.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        This isn't 2025, 4 core processors are still VERY common. This is taken from the Steam Hardware Survey, which is i believe every month.
        [IMG]
        Why?
        This is entirely false. Only way you can damage it is if you're a dumbass who doesn't know what they're doing.
        What?
        It's CPU related, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a second physical processor. The system often refers to 1 physical CPU as multiple, either because of multiple cores, and/or because of multiple threads on each core.
        It's a BSOD screen, of course you have to power down the system. In my experience, most BSOD screens don't automatically restart your system, but rather hang there.

[IMG]
        • Like Like x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Oct 24, 2013
          He is using a 560ti, then his cpu is old as fuck.

Tony don't start that shit. If you don't know what system reserve has to do with the post then that pics for yourself.

The 4 core cpus that are out there are weak as fuck, and he is using an old AMD cpu. The 4 core is what they put on smart tv's. It's a piece of shit.
          The 4 core cpu's are intels, not amds. That's why there is a rise in them not amd. KTHXBYE

How would you know it's not gpu related? You ever own a 560 ti? The utility it has let's you mess with clock speeds. Not to mention the fact that it happens during games AND not to mention the obvious part where it specifically says....
          SECONDARY PROCESSOR.

[IMG]
        • May 14, 2011
          Let me interject. Are you saying all 4 core CPUs are weak and old? Like the 4970k, which is the best consumer level Intel CPU you can currently buy. That has 4 hyperthreaded cores, and it runs at 4.0GHz turbo. Hell, my 3570k runs overclocked at 4.6GHz.

Also, do you perhaps mean the system reserved partition that is used by UEFI BIOSes.

Lastly, most video cards can be overclocked with utilities like MSI afterburner. An unstable overclock on a graphics card will cause a driver crash and artifacting rather than a BSOD.

The fact it happens in games is probably due to CPU being under load. I suggest OP clears their motherboard BIOS and if you try to overclock again run appropriate stress tests such as AIDA64 to test your overclock. This sounds like more of an issue of not enough voltage going to the CPU, or a Core unlocker being used (not sure if you could unlock cores on x4s though).
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            It's CPU related, i guarentee you. I researched the BSOD and everywhere it said it was CPU related. It's either failing Mobo, failing CPU, over clocked CPU, or a BIOS update is needed. So really, MOBO or CPU related.
            I will agree with you there.