Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hawken

Discussion in Gaming started by Reaper, Mar 31, 2011

1. Jan 5, 2007

Watch in higher quality for a better look.

http://www.hawkengame.com/blog/

Anyone heard of this yet? Haven't looked too much in to it, but from the trailer they've released it looks like it will be quite a fun game when released.
  2. Mar 31, 2011
    Looks pretty damned decent considering it's made by a small indie company using the Unreal Engine. Hopefully the fix up some obvious things before they even consider releasing it.

Kind of off-topic: What's with people and completely destructible terrain nowadays... that's all the damn comments on youtube are about.
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    A lot of big name games these days are made by companies that started out as small indie groups. You usually don't hear much about the start of the company though since they go to publishers like EA or Activision, so that's all the consumers remember about it. As they said on their site, the stuttering from the third-person view is because they used pre-recorded footage from a spectate cam after playing. They have some things they want to polish up before the release, but from what they've shown so far it shouldn't be too far away.

As for the YouTube comments, just ignore them. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who bother to comment on there are just retarded kids who need a good beating, or 30-somethings still living in their parents' basement.
  4. Feb 21, 2007
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    I rarely say things like this but.. I WANT IT!
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    I still want this more than any other game..
  7. Oct 21, 2010
    Wow. Damn that looks kewl. The graphics are sick.

Taz
  8. May 15, 2011

Mech Assault all the way!

Even if it is dead, I still miss it. :frown:

And being able to consistently fly?

Boring.

Maybe if it was a little more realistic it would be fun.

It looks like every other big gun shooter; fast paced, no story, tit's and flames.

I guess that's all that sells now a days. :confused:
  9. Jan 5, 2007
    If this is a rip off of Mech Assault, then I could think of a few things that Mech Assault could be considered a rip off of. That's like saying Battlefied is a rip off of Call of Duty, and Call of Duty being a rip off of Medal of Honor. Just because something falls in the same genre doesn't make it a rip off.

That aside, I really am looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. The market has been seriously lacking in quality mech titles for years now, and with the MechWarrior game not looking like it will be around for a while, this is the next best thing.
  10. Jan 5, 2007
    Just got an email notifying me that I'm in the alpha testing for Hawken. Also got in the MechWarrior Online closed beta this morning as well. So many games to play lately...
  11. Oct 29, 2010

You're back.

:bugeyes:
  12. Mar 31, 2011
  13. Apr 9, 2012