Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

HD World Skin mod for CSS

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Danmaku, Jan 7, 2013

1. Sep 6, 2012
    Just want to share this great skin mod that makes CSS look a lot nicer.
    http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/123137

1) Improved models of weapons from both the first and the third person. Now every barrel right card lighting, detailed textures, light reflection and the environment. World model now correspond to the models in the hands of the player.

2) Improve the appearance of models of players. Form of special forces is made of special rubberized material, rather than a simple cloth. The terrorists have changed the look of the side, and the original definition differs slightly.

3) All the textures from Half-Life 2 and the majority of CSS improved by the addition of detailed textures, making them more visible on closer inspection. Replaced the texture of bricks on assault and office. Replaced some texture models environment. Each model adds its own texture map coverage, which allows realistic and reflect the light of the gaming world.

I'm not sure if this will make whatever custom skin you have more HD :dontknow:

50e47d5eb5b1b 50e47d6c1c5f9 50e47d621c833 50e47d8463823
    • Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Jul 8, 2012
      How hard is this to install? (Never worked with any customization of CS:S before mind you)
    • Sep 6, 2012
      Pretty simple actually. You download the file, then use winrar or 7-Zip to extract it. Then you open the folder and it should have another folder inside called "cstrike" inside then what you do next is you open your counter strike source folder(steam/steamapps/yoursteamidname/counter-strike source) and drag the cstrike folder to the steam counter strike folder. If it ask you to merge the two folders, click yes to all. Thats it.

howto
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • Jun 11, 2012
      This is too complex, you need to create a youtube video and ask you viewers to subscribe and favorite your videos. Then I'll understand. Also can you add some retarded music on top of it. kthxbai

But thank you
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • May 20, 2011
        Thanks Danmaku. Trying it out right now and made my game look more glossy. I have custom prop skins for couches, sofas and the vendies and these customs put a nice effect around them!
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I had the HD worldview weapons (which are basically the viewmodels scaled to world-model size) a long time ago. His retextures are plain ugly. The textures on themselves are no problem, but they don't fit in militia or assault or office at all. Especially the retextures on the tree and rocl models are horrible :-/

The only good thing about it are the player model retextures, and ofc the HD world view models.
          So I basically need nothing of the pack xD
          Post Merged, Jan 7, 2013
          In the sole occasion this would ever happen (and it happened to me before) is that when you have 2 equally named models and/or materials, and you simply paste it over the other one in the merged folders, then you will have missing/incorrect textures...

I prefer to do it all manually, going throught every folder to carefully check if none are overriding
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Sep 6, 2012
            If you know a better texture skin than this, please do share ^^
            Post Merged, Jan 7, 2013

I've done this to some other skins that I have downloaded, and it still worked for me. I will however keep in mind of what you just said.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I don't, but that doesn't mean I need to find this retexture the best or any good. I probably think that every retexture is completely ugly. I think the Valve textures ar perfect. You can't make their maps better imo, unless adding simple, not too overkilled bumpmaps for some enhanchment, which yet can make it uglier than anything else...

This however, is merely my opinion ^^
          • May 14, 2011
          • Feb 14, 2012
            Well while we're giving personal opinions I've been using this since it's release date (didn't see this thread) and I personally love the differences. It's nice that it re-textures without replacing models which can lead to stuff like reloading animations being out of sync like other weapons skins. This is definitely a keeper for me. The only map I can see has some issues with the textures is Mako.
          • Sep 8, 2012
            Can somebody tell me if these textures are worth downloading? Are they any good?
          • Jul 1, 2010
            I also love the difference in the textures and models. Pearlsnaps, IMO, it's definitely worth downloading and using. Only thing it won't affect are custom textures used by map makers.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Sep 8, 2012
              Just downloaded it, thanks for the info. and it was also definetely worth dl'ing.
            • Sep 8, 2012
              Anybody experiencing any FPS drop while using this?
            • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
            • Sep 8, 2012
              Alright, i'm playing on mako and i'm kind of worried that I might be getting some FPS drops. Maybe i'm just PARANOID i dunno.
            • May 20, 2011
            • Sep 6, 2012
              I have not experience any FPS drop since the day I put this in my folder.