Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Headphone Hangout

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Zenzr, Feb 18, 2014

1. Jul 8, 2012
    I couldn't remember if we had a headphone thread going on or not, and my searching skills seem to fail me tonight. I apologize if there has been one. Now on to the good stuff.

First of all if any of you say Beat's.... just leave lol.

I am in the process of selling my ATH-M50's not because they're old, bad or whatever, but because I'd simply just like to upgrade them. I want all you "audiophile" expert's imputs on what to get next. Being that I love my M50's so much I am looking at the new M50X's (has a detachable cord), but I also want to get a nice set of bass cans too. I generally prefer the lower frequencies as I listen to a lot of electronic music, but also all other kinds of music. I am really not sure what else is out there on the ~$200 market, but I know Audio-Technica usually rocks just about everything in the lower price point.

What all would you guys suggest? Thanks guys.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • Dec 8, 2013
      Seinhesier HD800 with USB ADC/Headphone Amp. If you got the money, those are literally the best you can buy. I own a pair and I cum everytime I put them on.
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I got a Bose AE2 for work - Lightweight, easy to cary, detachable cord to easily move around, and deliver stellar sound for how small and compact it is.
      A Bose SIE2 for workout - Really light, rigid cord, Bose IE line are great for workout because the sound flow and how well it attaches is awesome. It's what in-ear tech should have been.

And my infamous ATH - M50 - Meant for home, really awesome sound injection into your ears, nice spatial sounds, and really...come on....that comforts after 10 hours usages. Ooh, and a ModMic to add for voice (Never sacrifice audio, never sacrifice mic, all in the pantaloons).
    • Mar 19, 2011
      I'm in the same boat as you looking for an upgrade in sound quality. Too many shitty gaming headsets... I only really cared for the positional audio while the sound quality being absolute shit. So no more of that, I would now rather have better sound quality and clarity at this point. Probably gonna pick up the Sennheiser HD 558s and a Fiio USB Dac and see how it goes from there. I don't tend to listen to a lot of music in my free time but hey maybe that'll change.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I said about $200 lol. I don't have 1.5k to drop on headphones. >.>

Hoenstly I think I may just pick up a new pair of the M50X. I love mine right now. Yeah they aren't bass headphones, but damn do they sound good for everything else.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I should have mentioned, I prefer over the ear headphones but I'll take a look.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    • Aug 2, 2010
      Beats Solo HD for the ultimate in shitty ass overpowered bass OE headphones money can buy. Accuracy? Hell no! Mids and highs? WTF are those? Bass? Hell yes! Muddy and it exists in prodigious amounts you want to throw up from the utter shit you're sticking into your ear canal.

You're welcome!

Look into the Sony XB line or the Beyerdynamic DT770 cans. Personally, I'd just buy an amp.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah. I'm looking into a good desktop amp to use. Suggestions?

• Jun 11, 2012
      Make sure you test what you find comfortable with, open or closed back. Because something like the M50 are closed while Sennheiser HD 558 are open. I personally don't like the sound leak but some people enjoy the spatial soundstage it provides.
    • Jul 8, 2012

• Aug 7, 2012
      My Gamecom headset just snapped in half :frown: Any recommendations for a new set around $100?