Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Headset / Headphone / Earphones Thread

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by rxn, Apr 22, 2013

1. Aug 2, 2010
    As gaming headsets and headphones have become a frequently talked about topic lately, I'm curious as to what my fellow community members use for gaming and casual listening of music.

I guess I shall start:

Gaming: Alienware branded Steel Series 5HV2. I got it for free!
    Casual: UE 7 Pro Customs, Shure 750DJ, Beats by Dre Pro, Beats by Dre Studio, Audio Technica M50s/LE, and a few others.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 23, 2012
      I've heard Beats are nothing but bass exploders.

Personally I use Sennheiser HD598's. It lacks a little bass, but holy fuck is everything perfectly clear.
    • Aug 2, 2010
      They are heavy ass bass cans but the Pro's are surprisingly not that bad. I find myself reaching for them quite frequently. For a more neutral sound signature, I just grab my AT's and I'm good to go.

The Beats Pro's are definitely worth the ~$250 I spent purchasing them using my buddy's work discount and coupons for EDM and hip-hop. $400? Hell no.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Casual: Just normal earphones or Siberia
      Only mic quality is bad with SS headphones imo. Probably will buy next DJ headphones since i prefer EDM.
    • Apr 4, 2013
      Casual: Regular Apple Earphones
    • Mar 5, 2013
      Gaming: Broken ear pieces, using mic piece with tape
      Casual: Klipsch Image ONE

Anyone recommend a good gaming headset?
    • Feb 1, 2011
      I use the same headphones for gaming and music. They are super comfortable, sound amazing, and have lasted me 2 years so far and are showing no signs of wearing out or dying anytime soon. I think I got them for $250

AKG K702
      [IMG]
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I've heard the fake beats that look exactly the same as beats, but cost $30 instead of the $300 or whatever they are now, and they sound almost exactly the same. They are not worth as much as they are tagged.

But for me, i don't really use a headset. Just headphones.
      Gaming: Sony MDR-MA100
      Casual/Music: Sony MDR-ZX100

I really want to get the Thermaltake eSPORTS Shock Gaming Headset. It looks nice, and if that's the right one i was looking at a while ago, it has good feedback.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Gaming: whatever. How I use voice without a mic remains a mystery. . .

Casual: Grado sr125's.

[IMG]

Jesus Christ, they fucking sing. . .the produced sound (jazz, classical, and especially the Beatles) is rich and absolute pure bliss.

And Jesus Christ, they are ghastly uncomfortable on my ears after extended wear. . .
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Unless I can find a decent pair of something else I'm thinking of getting the ATH M50's. Would be for both.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
      • Nov 19, 2010
        Gaming: Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound Headset
        Casual: DETOX by Dr.Dre (BEATS)
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Gaming: Razor Carcharias cost me 60 bucks and are finally starting to wear out after several years of use.
      • Apr 9, 2012

Fatality creative headset
      • May 14, 2011

For listening I just got myself some Sennheiser HD650s. They sound amazing. As soon as I get a proper (stand alone) mic I will switch to them as my gaming headphones too.
      • Dec 7, 2012
        I have Logitech - H800 Wireless Headset and it works well for me, nothing fancy. Only $79.-$89. dollars!
      • Mar 5, 2013
        Thanks will check it out :smile:
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Gaming : Bose OE2 with a Antlion ModMic (Don't knock down the OE2 they are superb compare to most on the market, movies, music, and games sounds superb)
        Casual : IE2 (I'm not a bose whore, just love the way they sound and they aren't like 300$ or something.)
      • Aug 10, 2012

Casual: same, but I usually use my surround sound for videos/music.
      • Jan 11, 2012
        10€ Panasonic In-ears for both. They are amazing for their price, and durable as fuck
      • Aug 2, 2010
        I've also had extended wear issues with my 325's. I sold them to a friend. They did have a wonderfully warm and clean sound signature though.
        Post Merged, Apr 23, 2013
        I've also listened to a set of fakes and the sound doesn't compare between the two.

Granted anything from Beats by Dre is overpriced, but the fakes sounded like pure crap. Rattling, muddy lows, highs are non-existent, etc.