Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hello all

Discussion in Introductions started by Richard Romine, Oct 6, 2014

1. Oct 6, 2014
    Since the ban complaint post was close, ill include it in my hello all thread to get on the right start.

I've been playing on your servers for more years than probably 70% and I have enjoyed it everytime. For this I thank you and I also respect your intolerance for racism and other rules.

I looked at the comment I made which resulted in my 1 hour ban and thought long and hard about it. Honestly, I kind of felt a little embarrassed. Because well it was a stupid comment with poor taste all to get a laugh.

But was it racism? Simple answer is no, but it definitely had bad taste and could offend someone. Not everything that could be portrayed as offensive is racist. I understand the reluctance to want to get near that grey area. I respect the admins call to not say such things whether I agree or not. It is what the admin says. But this was not a matter of that. What it really comes down to is this.

Some of you are overly sensitive. But even more important point, if I said something verbally that was inappropriate, don't ask me to type it in. Heck, I thought you thought it was funny, otherwise I would never have typed that in.

To that admin that made the mistake of jumping straight to ban without a clear warning or a kick*, I don't want to throw you under the bus. Just know that it was not to be offensive by any means. It was just for a laugh. If anyone was offended I apologize for the poor taste and will refrain from such things again especially if I am properly warned.

You have a lot of great admins out there. Even this admin is a cool guy but seriously,

lets not be so overly sensitive okay kids? Im off to play on the server and I look forward to being a more respectful player as a person. Lets have fun!

This ends my hello all!
    ~miscman~
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 2, 2014
      If you would have read our rules this incident would have never have occurred by clicking ok means you have accepted our rules before you started playing nobody is being oversensitive it's just the rules plain and simple. Besides all that welcome to the forums and look forward to seeing you on ZM!

No racism, discrimination, or threats.
      (top)
      This includes but is not limited to threats against Plague Fest or its servers, racism, sexism, hate speech, and/or any form of harmful speech used only to offend someone.
      • Agree Agree x 1
        DeeKushMan, Oct 6, 2014 Last edited by DeeKushMan, Oct 6, 2014
      • May 31, 2012
        Well, on the bright side, it got you on to the forums: Welcome!

I'm not familiar with you but I have to admit that I have become a lot less active compared to before, and I also change my display name frequently. Glad you can just let things go (although a lot of it is still in your introduction, but you tried, which is all that matters to me). If you have been playing a long time and you play often, I am sure I will eventually become familiar with you... So... See you around!
        • Like Like x 1
        • Nov 29, 2012
          • Programming King Programming King x 1
          • Oct 18, 2012
          • Sep 9, 2012
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 12, 2012
              PF GOT THE BEST ADMINS......... and hello :nerd:
            • Nov 11, 2011
              I didn't find your comments discriminatory, just that they were in bad taste lol. But welcome. :smile:
            • Feb 25, 2014
            • May 17, 2014
              Hey man, I had fair share of embarrassing and stupid moments they will fade don't worry. :smile: Wish you the best on pF!
            • Feb 21, 2007
              Don't beat a dead horse. Welcome, and lets help make a friendly community, not one that excludes a group of people. :beer:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Sep 27, 2014
                Welcome to the forums :grin: and We all know cokie monster the best admin lol jk jk... i have a lot to learn over the course of being admin
              • Feb 3, 2012
                • May 17, 2014