Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hello and good evening, again, everyone.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Vadleon, Nov 22, 2013

1. Jan 12, 2011
    It's been a long time since I've really been online. Sure, I've looked at the Forums or hopped on Steam for the odd thing, but yeah, it's time for some explaining.

First, I want to start by saying that I'm sorry for not being on much and not otherwise giving a reason for dropping off of the scene. It was never my intention to disappear and/or disappoint anyone. If it felt like I abandoned you guys, I am truly sorry.

Second, it goes without saying that I was busy these last couple months. Could I have made time to hop on and say 'hi' occasionally? Possibly, but with the things going on around me, I really haven't felt up to a lot honestly.

College work has been busy as always, but over the last couple months I've been helping a close friend stabilize his life. While I don't feel it'd be appropriate to describe it in lengthy detail, in short, both of his parents have passed away (one 2 years ago and the other recently) and due to the circumstances of legal/financial matters, he's had a rough time keeping himself and his two younger brothers afloat. I've been over at his place a fair amount keeping him and the lot sane and providing what I can in suggestions/tools/etc.

Next, and another thing that I'll reserve some discretion with, is helping my brother get on his feet and move along with life. He's been down on himself for not doing a lot with himself over the past few years, and I've been something of a guide for him with regards to getting out and talking to people. It's going well now, but is still ongoing.

And to top off these issues, I was discharged from my work a couple months ago for.... oddly ironic reasons (which I choose not to discuss on here). Just take my word on it that I tried what I could and did everything to the letter, but after talking to some other friends, I guess I just got bit by the system. Soo, I've been job hunting while juggling dwindling funds.

Third, and this one I really feel at fault for: I feel I've done a crummy job at seeing things through with regards to content on here. I've started a lot of threads on here (MLP, KF, stone dice, and many others) and haven't really delivered on them. I really mean to update them and keep them moving, but things have gotten so tangled with obligations that I feel miserable and haven't been motivated enough to log on and do something about it, almost out of fear that people would think less of me for still trying. My heart goes into being a good host (or in this case OP), and it really tears me up seeing something I care about just fall apart.

So that's the story. Again, I'm terribly sorry for not being around and I really feel like I need to make it up somehow. I don't know how to go about repairing my presence on here (other than obviously posting stuff), but believe me I didn't want to leave, even though there was a large gap in my activity.

I've missed you a lot, Plaguefest, and I plan to stick around in some capacity, if you don't mind the odd wall of text or occasional blarg of randomness. :frownbig:
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Feb 1, 2011
      No apologies necessary Vad. We've missed you and I'm glad you stopped in!
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Welcome back to the humble abode. I missed your long reading :wink:
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Dec 27, 2012
          Good to see you back Vadleon, I hope things will turn out for the better for you, your brother and your friend. If there is anything at all that is troubling you, I'll be right here should you have the need to talk to someone. If not me, then there's a whole community who all wishes you well.

Best regards and take care.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Sep 14, 2008
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • May 15, 2011
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Mar 31, 2010
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    I don't really know you, but welcome back, Vadleon! :wave: :party:
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Jul 8, 2012

Welcome back sir!
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Feb 24, 2011
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • Jul 14, 2010
                          I'm sure everyone understands you need to take care of your IRL obligations Vad, I hope things will start calming down for you and you can find some time for pF once again!
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Feb 8, 2013
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Apr 1, 2012

-Chips
                              • Friendly Friendly x 1
                              • Aug 1, 2011

[IMG]
                                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                                • Jan 12, 2011
                                  Thank you all. I've missed everyone here, and this week I should have time to hop on Steam and play games with you folks. :music:

Wub Wub :3
                                  • Friendly Friendly x 3
                                  • Jul 2, 2013
                                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                                    • May 31, 2012

aWZ1r14_700b

Much happy. Such ecstatic.
                                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                                      • Jul 8, 2012
                                        Whoa someone who knows how to use the quote button? :grin:
                                      • Jan 12, 2011
                                        You should see some of my posts in the MLP thread -- quote-farms they were. :nerd:
                                        • Funny Funny x 1