Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Helloo again!! I need help

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by westie808, Jan 31, 2014

1. Oct 6, 2012
    Okay so hey everyone! I know ive been away for so long and still an admin lol waste money haha anyways the reason im back here is because my desktop computer is dead and i am thinking of buying a macbook air due to some budget limits, ive been playing bf4 on my xbox one nd i really miss playing wiff you ugly bastards. So please should i get a mackbook air or something else?
  2. Mar 19, 2011
    Well it would be nice to know what your starting budget is.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Hey and welcome back westie! I miss you too bro.

I'm not much into computers and their quality but I second what NBK said.
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Yeah. You have a budget and you're getting a Mac.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jul 8, 2012

If you want to game at all seriously, please do not get a Mac. Trust me.

You can bootcamp it, but a straight up windows PC is farrrrrrrrr better for games.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
      • Jul 17, 2012
        If you're getting a Macbook Air I would steer you towards a buildable desktop. For that price range you are in better hands in getting a windows desktop for less than what you will be paying for (that is with the implication that you are doing the 1K$+ one).
      • Jul 8, 2012

Get a great desktop for gaming, and then something like a tablet, or a Chromebook for notes/mobile PC needs. I support this 100%.
      • Oct 6, 2012
        I really dont want a desktop, my budget range is about $1000-$1200 i looked at some alien ware pcs and didnt like them at all. Im not looking to game frequently i just want it to play some ccs on it and thats all, i mainly want my pc for my music recordings and some other things so yeah
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I sitll wouldn't get a mac lol. Any kind of Mac (kind of)worth buying is 1.2k+. I'd look into other brands of Laptops, Sager (http://www.sagernotebook.com/) is one company that @rxn suggested to me, but there's plenty more.

Is there any reason you'd go with a mac over a pc? There really isn't anything specific a mac has that makes it better, especially since you're not going to get a crap pc at 1k price range. What specific software are you going to use do you know?
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Alienware is the Mac of PC's. They're far overpriced. Look at some Acer's, Toshiba's, Asus's, and MSI's as they are all decent brands. Also, stay away from Razer, they're also pretty overpriced.

If you're going to be gaming, do NOT get a Mac, you'll regret it.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Aug 2, 2010
          Sager for the best bang for the buck. Sure they may not have all the fancy useless shit (like glowing touch pads) but their hardware to price ratio is hard to beat. You'll be hard pressed to find a laptop with the same hardware for less.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Oct 6, 2012
          • May 31, 2012
            Nonononoo don't do it. Listen to @Tony the Tiger!! :D! Alienware and Macs are just way overpriced! You should research other computers before rushing a decision. There are a lot of great computers and other brands.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 8, 2012
              Alienware is Dell with a fancy logo. That's it lol.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jun 11, 2012
                I have a alienware laptop and I can tell you without the crazy discount I was able to snag from here and there, you are looking at 2000+ for a laptop of the same caliber elsewhere for less than 1200 (or 1500). And 2000 is usually the lower end of specs
              • Aug 30, 2012
                You should get a gaming computer or windows because Macs don't have access to many games.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Oct 18, 2012
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Oct 6, 2012
                    Yeah im still debating, i was thinking an hp laptop? With 8gs of ram? And Fluffeh i thought Asus was a junk pc lol