Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Help choosing mp3 player

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by retslag1, Aug 29, 2013

1. Feb 21, 2007
    So i currently have the Sansa Mp3 player.

I don't like the fact that I can only have one play list on the mp3 player. I use it primarily for working out and running. So ideally I'dlike at least two playlists lol. I am looking for suggestions! I've been staying away from the apple products simply because you have to pay to put songs on your player(as in, if you already have mp3's, I dont think u can just add them, they have to be bought via their store). So please give me some mp3 player suggestions!
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    I would still get an ipod touch or something similiar. The songs you can just add manually. I magically get my mp3s then drag into Itunes and it syncs. tada. done.

I haven't heard much about mp3 players as many people use their smartphones now. :S
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 23, 2012
      You can import already owned mp3's to your ipod. You CAN buy music from the apple store, but you don't necessarily have to buy it from there.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Dude, iPod. You absolutely do not have to pay to put existing mp3s on an iPod. You just put them into your iTunes library and sync it up the the iPod. I've been pirating music since Napster came out and I've always used iPods - never paid Apple a cent for the music or the ability to put it on the device.

I'm no Apple fanboy but I definitely still think iPods are where its at as far as mp3 players go.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Yeah...You import your library as you do in Windows Media Player, make playlist, rename do all fun things. You don't need to pay anything, you can however buy songs from the Itunes Store but you can use itunes as a media player with import capabilities.

I would highly recommend a Ipod Touch, it's one of the best portable mp3 player because you can do everything on the fly even make playlist on it without the need of a computer. Organizing is amazing and syncing to PC is really fast and nice.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I've heard good things about these, except camera isn't the greatest as compared to the iPod Touch one. You can get lots of refurbished from Walmart and eBay, and it's also Android :grin: people say they couldn't update the OS, but if you have the littlest computer knowledge and patience, you can Root it and install a custom firmware, such as Cyanogen Mod (idk if they support tablets/mp3 players, but there are lots of other good custom firmwares out there that do)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-G...yer-5.0-MP3-Player-Refurbished-White/20692719

Also, iPods aren't bad, but they are kinda pricey, and don't let you do a whole lot with them as compared to an android device.
      • Aug 16, 2013
        For the ipod touch, don't you have to pay 25 bucks a year to use your own music that aren't from the ITunes store??? Its called iTunes match or something.
      • Mar 14, 2013
        I have ALOT to suggesst, and Ill give you names near the end but 1st ,You do not have to pay to put mp3 files into your ipod , u simply drag and drop it into whatever folder/playlist u want

If you are willing to buy an ipod for under 200 , then I suggest any current mp3player between the prices of the sansa to well an ipod.

I have here a List of Good mp3 players you should check
        http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...##0##1&add_to_pkg=false&pagetype=listing&gf=y
      • Jun 11, 2012
        No you don't. It just works like any other mp3 players but better. ITunes does so much thing so well and is really good at using your media keys on your keyboards. It's a simple drag and drop, make your playlist and sync with the ipod. Voila.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        That looks exactly like my old Galaxy S phone. That's all it is, without the phono capability. Not sure about that.

Get an iPod, excellent battery life and performance.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        Oh wow. I thought you had to use their music from their store. Maybe it was like that back when they first came out, but not anymore? Either way, thats quite nice to know.

Interesting samsung player!
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I'm having the same thing, I need an mp3 player for my music. Problem is I have a lot of music and an S4 so I'm thinking in the classic range. But classics are pricey, though I like them a lot. I figured there'd have to be some alternative for classics.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Did you install Rockbox on your Sansa? Any idea which model you have?
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Why not use your phone? Throw a 32GB or 64GB SD card for $30 or $50 and you're good to go.
      • Dec 30, 2006
        That's assuming he has a smartphone. Who knows. Rets might be rocking a razr still.

:razz:
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Rets sews people back together for a living =P
      • Dec 30, 2006
        Yes I know. But that doesn't mean he's got the iphone 20 or the galaxy s25. :razz:
      • Jun 23, 2010
        Just get an iPod :razz: Or wait for the iWatch? xD

Just drag and drop your existing .mp3 to iTunes, and DnD again to your iPod. Free, no charge. Unless you wanna buy music thru the iTune store.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        This one. ANd not haven't heard of rockbox
        And I think I might get an ipod, any suggestions or are they "one size fits all" like the rest of apple products?
      • Apr 9, 2007
        http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=229
        http://www.rockbox.org/

I used it many years ago on my Sansa e260, definitely destroyed the stock player (firmware). I believe there were issues with video (USB didn't even work back then), but then you're a hazard to society if you're watching TV while running. I believe these issues are now resolved, as there's an official port to your player (and mine).
        • Informative Informative x 1