Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Help: CSS map missing, disconnected

Discussion in Help Desk started by deadman, Oct 5, 2011

1. Oct 5, 2011
    I've tried countless attempts to connect to the plaquefest zombie servers and i cannot join because the super fast awesome server doesn't let me download the current map.

Idk why i can't just download the map like ever other css server out there and not have to worry about some map pack to dl.

Someone who runs your website should provide easier access to maps and what not for members. I just vanna kill some zombies. :frown:((

So i'm trying GameBanana right now. Any advice which to download or how i can fix my map downloading problem?
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    Has this always happened to you, or did it begin recently? Does it happen on all of our servers, or just one? I'd like to troubleshoot this issue.
  3. Jan 27, 2011
    In console try cl_allowdownload 1 or go into your options under multiplayer and make sure on the drop down menu it has allow download from servers. Sometimes if it kicks you. Type retry in console and it will download
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    If it's one certain map, try downloading it from Gamebanana and put it in your cstrike/maps folder.
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    Open up your console and see what map it was attempting to download and then go to http://www.gamebanana.com/maps Then download it and place it in your maps folder. I have only encountered a couple of maps that would not download and this was like 8 months ago, doing this resolved my issue.
  6. Jun 23, 2010
    Well when it happened to me, I deleted my whole map folder in css and I just have to re-download it.
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    Are you on a mac? If so, that's your problem right there.
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    I had this issue before I think Brian fixed it for me but at the time most of the other players and admins were having the same problem.
  9. Feb 21, 2007
    the problem is u have a different version of the map with the same name. go to ur css/maps folder and find the map with that same name and delete it.
  10. Oct 5, 2011
    Whenever i try to connect to one of the plaguefest servers. I got it to successfully load once i put the map inside the css map folder but within 5 minutes the map changed and had to go find another map dl...

Didn't work.

Very confused as to why i just can't dl the map from the server...

Also, I'm on pc.
  11. Oct 5, 2011
    Try to connect to server.
    Download random crap really quickly.
    Error cannot load missing map
    load up gamebanana
    10 minutes later after finding the map
    place map in folder
    error incorrect version of map

At this point i'm just done. Why can't i just dl the map from ur server and join or find a map pack from ur website... not go on google and hopelessly search for a map that will either A) not matter because the map changed or B) incorrect version.
  12. Jul 14, 2010
    Could be the issue of a firewall. Disable it or make sure it has all the correct exceptions for pF, and counter-strike.
  13. Oct 5, 2011
    Nope. I don't use a firewall. idk why i can't download maps...
  14. Oct 5, 2011
    I found zm_unpanicv2_pF.bsp and when i hit connect... new map! missing new map!...

Is this just a problem with css servers or what? I can download regular css maps. Is there an actual "zombie mod" i'm missing or something?
  15. Feb 18, 2011
    Delete the maps in your map folder. You can find it here:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\(your username here)\counter strike soruce\cstrike\maps
  16. Oct 5, 2011
    ok i did this and still says map missing... I'll download everything else from a server besides the map. wth
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Weird. Try re installing CS:S and see if that works if you haven't tried it already.
  18. Oct 5, 2011
    :banana: Problem solved! thank you my good man! :banana:
  19. Feb 18, 2011

No problem braw!