Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

help im banned

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Keranen, Jun 10, 2011

1. Dec 16, 2010
    I haven't played on the server in awhile and felt like playing yesterday but it says that I got banned but I don't know why and when i go to unbanned request it says that neither my steam id or ip address is is banned but i can't connect to the server becuase it says that I am still banned my steam id is STEAM_0:0:10475416 I would like to know why this is happening.
  2. May 16, 2011
    Your not in SB so I have no idea why you would be banned..
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    When was the last time you played?
  4. Dec 16, 2010
    on the zombie escape one and the last time I played was sometime last march it's been awhile.
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    I've unbanned STEAM_0:0:10475416 from the list. I suggest you not do what ever got you banned by the system. It doesn't do it without a reason.
  6. May 6, 2011
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    If it was on zombie escape it could be possible that it was a false positive from a bugged map.
  8. Mar 16, 2008
    We only had 9 people on the list, chances of a false positive is slim to none.
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    It's still there, we can't just edit the cfg and save it - it doesn't work. You have to ensure you write to the config file (but doing writeid etc in the servers screen doesn't do shit) - the only working method I've found was to use HLSW's rcon section: Update -> Select ID / IP -> Remove -> Write -> Reload to double check.

I've removed him, keep this in mind for the future.

Not in the banned_users.cfg, something from KAC maybe. Usually users that end up in a single server's banned_users are ones who spam timeleft binds.
  10. Feb 21, 2007
    So why are we unbanning again? He obviously knew he was banned. You dont magically get banned 3 days after u been on the server. He was banned, and is still banned and acting like he didnt know it..
  11. Dec 16, 2010
    I honestly don't know why I was banned I haven't played on the server in a couple months and i wasn't banned back then and all of a sudden it says i'm banned when i tryed to go on yesterday. am the only one that using this account so it wasn't someone else and thanks to brain for unbanning me. there wasn't a reason why i was banned. i don't hack i'm not one to cause grief or break any rules so thanks again for unbanning me.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Beats me, but Josh had already made the decision to unban so I followed it. + We don't have logs from March to verify how this guy was banned... most likely was just hitting a bind of some sort too many times, probably timeleft like all the rest.... why people bind that is beyond me, either they all knowingly and willingly try to crash servers or they're just oblivious to the exploit and use it for convenience... but then again, how many times do you need to check the timeleft to where you have it bound... + spamming anything in general is just dumb. Still, at the end of the day we don't have proof of shit - we have some well-backed presumptions but that's about it. Easier to just unban the guy and if he fucks up again, welp, that's that. :confused:

I did DL all ~6300 of ZE's logs and did a search for his Steam ID, 0 results (other then his attempts to join server). Logs dated back to April 26th, so he definitely hasn't been playing on ZE since then (under that Steam ID at least).

What is interesting though is I found this:

L 05/30/2011 - 13:58:24: rcon from "99.*.*.*:49544": command "removeid STEAM_0:0:10475416"

We attempted to unban him on 5/30 but it probably failed, as there are failed join attempts on 6/9 and 6/10. Logs end with me unbanning him and the server accepting his join request. So perhaps his ban was already resolved earlier but this Keranen guy has no other topics / posts so who knows, I certainly can't remember the situation, whatever it was.