Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Help me on recoloring these skins

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Trond, Oct 3, 2013

1. Jul 20, 2012
    I tried to make my own colors on these skins http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/28705

It only worked with Hue, and never on the grey part except for changing all colors, but I only want to change reds, or yellows, or greys at a time, not the whole skin at a time.

How do I change only the grey parts to another color?
    I did try (in Gimp) Free Select Tool and then Colorize, but that Free Select Tool takes so much precision I got fed up with it.

Also, how do I dock Tool Options to Toolbox? Moving the window to the bottom area doesn't work.
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    If using gimp why not just use the color select tool, and then select the colored pixels (which are in the minority) and then invert the select (CTRL+I) and then you can color the grey.
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    I tried to do what you wrote there, but that just paints everything one color.
  4. May 31, 2012
    I'd use Paint.net. It lets you apply the hue over your selection. Alternatively you could use a single-colored layer over the textures additively, removing from it the areas that you don't want to be colored.

There's also a .vtf plugin for it.