Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Help With Rendering in Sony Vegas

Discussion in Technical Support started by Tewfen, Oct 7, 2014

1. May 17, 2014
    Hey guys I really need some help. I'm trying to render a video I filmed through Sony Vegas but whenever I try to save my video as an avi file type it makes it into some random sfk file. With an sfk file I can't upload the video to Youtube or even watch my video! I've spent at least 5 hours trying to fix this I've even tried to use some new video editing programs but nothing's working. If you guys know how to convert this sfk file to an avi file please help me.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sep 27, 2014
      you tried youtube or google? or saved it wrong?
    • Oct 18, 2012
      First off, Tony don't ever tag me again in one of his threads, Secondly, what do you use to record?
      What I have to do with my software after I have recorded a video is render it to Sony Vegas then just upload it.
      It could be your settings you use to render it or something is corrupt.
      • Programming King Programming King x 1
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Oct 13, 2011
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Sounds like you fucked up settings. We use Vegas Pro just fine at my school to upload to YouTube.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
          • Sep 9, 2012
            Tew you need to render to anything with a H.264 codec this is what youtube likes and will work the best, you can up the bit rate to something like 16 or even 18 if you want better quality H.D. like my next vid is going to be in 4K so Im using a bit rate around 50, I could get way more technical about constant and verbal 2 pass bit rates but really all you need to know is render setting for the resolution you want to render to.
            I don't use vegas but..
            you can easily find help on youtube just search "how to render videos for youtube using sony vegas" the internetz is yo friend :wink:

*disclaimer* Everything said in the above statement may or may not be true. You're computer may come to life and eat you and you might wake up inside youtube never to escape...
            KILLERSandCOMPANY, Oct 7, 2014 Last edited by KILLERSandCOMPANY, Oct 7, 2014
          • May 17, 2014
            I use Dxtory. But when I save it it's a normal avi file.
            Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014
            I was watching youtube videos for like 2 hours all of them show them saving it as an avi file. I still do that but it becomes an sfk file.
            Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014
            I tried to save it as an avi once again but it still turns out as an sfk. Maybe there is a converter I could use?
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Converters are a bad idea. I mean I understand this isn't s serious video. But if you convert it there goes some of your quality.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
          • Jun 11, 2012
            • Sep 9, 2012
              I have to go to work but i'll check it out later, I use all adobe so I'm not sure why this is a problem. AVI is to large and youtube likes anything rapped in a h.264 codec, so you should have a render or final export option for "mp4" or H.264 for target Bit rates?
            • Dec 31, 2013
              sometimes programs require you to export files instead of saving them for compatability issues
            • May 17, 2014
              I did a little more research and I learned that Sony Vegas saves an sfk file and an avi file but i can't seem to find the avi.
              Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014
              I'll try to render it as a mp4 file instead of avi.
              Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014
              I also heard of a converter that helped a few other people with my problem. I'll try to fix it with that.
              Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014
              The amazing power of admins!
              Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014
              I just found out that sfk is not an actual file type just a file extension. Would that help?
            • Jun 4, 2006
              • Oct 11, 2012
                Ok I got the rendering to work but now the video lags like hell and the audio doesn't synch with the video.