Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

help with steam issue

Discussion in Help Desk started by elduke, Jun 6, 2011

1. Feb 17, 2011
    hi guys

i have 2 steam accounts with both of them running css
    they both have normal css .. no scripts added or skins

the issue is on the second account when i try to join a server my internet dies as soon as it starts sending client info

but on the first one it works fine no issues at all

can anyone help?
    is there something i can delete on the second account like any files or whatnot

p.s and this was the same with l4d2 on the second account. it disconnected my internet but then after a while it works fine

appreciate the help
  2. May 15, 2011
    I went and looked it up but their isn't much details on it. It seems to be a piracy protection thingy blocking your second account because it's using the same CD Key as your first account. So unless you buy the games twice, Or read this, I don't know otherwise. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer. :confused:

A Bag of Dirt
  3. Feb 17, 2011
    no no its not that .. they r both different keys and old accounts

the thing is the 2nd account worked perfectly on the issue was on L4D2 at the time and then it got fixed by it self somehow

the css issue only started happening a month or so ago
  4. May 15, 2011
    Then I am at a loss. Hopefully bumping this up may get the help you need. Happy trails and good luck.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    Define internet dies. Does your client hang? or does everything go out?
  6. Feb 17, 2011
    internet stops working
    and goes back again in a minute or so

no client is fine it doesnt crash
    just that internet goes away from my laptop

now i;ve noticed that after a few agonizing tries it stabilizes and works.. if i try to join one server

but as soon as i try to join another it will do it again
  7. Feb 17, 2011
    never mind this . its pointless now

plz lock
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    What was the issue? What was your solution?
  9. Feb 17, 2011
    i dont know what was the issue

but it can be solved by deleting the css folder from under that specific account

ofcourse since u have css on both accounts it wont download it
    but it will download some new files that must had the issue

u can also try to delete the clientregistryblob or at least back it up and test if that works

thnx kyle
  10. Dec 6, 2010
    Maybe it's a bug-of-some-kind with STEAM Guard???

Just saying.