Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

HELP ze_zelda_oot massive hault

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by redeye, Nov 9, 2011

1. Nov 28, 2010
    i figure out what caused it Func_detail ?? i dont know why that would cause it, i really wanted to use this
    it reduce detail of a brush to lowest detail for better process basicaly means less lag :frown: i have no idead why its doing since my other part of the map seperate vmfs have lots of func_detail?? and work nicely
    is it a update bug? some one test it i dont really wanna recompile my good maps take a while plus i would rage if it went dark

here a pic of better lighting [IMG]

i have stop making ze_zelda_oot yes you heard me. *Woah put down the gun it not the end just a hault*
    until i can figure out what is going on all mapper please help here is a video of my prob
    when i make a room and add a light_enviroent it does oppiste and makes it dark not light
    im a 5yr running mapper i never seen this before hopeing its a update bug* if any you know how to fix please give me a reply
    Impulse is dieing to map :smile:
    dont belive me look
    Source SDK total time loading..... 1% error

2. Jul 9, 2009
    i can only suggest reading the topic on the wiki
    As i see it. No Skybox texture -> no light -> no min light level for shadows
    Correct me if i'm wrong though.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    Dude... You can't be freaking serious... What a question... XD

First of all, when you map has no lights at all (zero lights), when playing the map it goes automatically into "Full-Brightness" for testing purpouses (so you can see).
    You can emulate this by using the command "Mat_fullbright 1".

Second, when you add lights into your map; if you are compiling with RAD (radioisty), everything will turn "Black" (dark) except for the areas that are affected by light.
    (Which is the reason why now you see everything dark instead of at full brightness; because the map now has lights and "knows" that places withouth lights are made that way on purpouse).

Third, and most important, you are using a LIGHT_ENVIROMENT. Thats... The freaking SUN, not a normal light. And the sun only comes from the ToolsSkybox textures (from the SKY!); it doesn't shine inside small rooms without windows.
    You need to use just a normal LIGHT entity for that kind of room/test. LIGHT_ENVIROMENT is the SUN itself; you should only place 1 on the whole map, and its light will come only from the ToolsSkybox textures (it doesn't matter where the Light_enviroment is placed).

XD
  4. Nov 28, 2010
    http://img12.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mapglicht.jpg

this is lame!!!
  5. Jul 9, 2009
    What is there to explain? That picture tells me nothing :-s
  7. Nov 28, 2010
    1st pic shows you a light_enviroment faceing down with a skybox covering map.
    2nd pic show a ingame screenshot of darkenss in same location the light_enviroment is that you cleary explain only reason im getting darkness is beacuse there no skybox
  8. Nov 28, 2010
    @FireCore look at pic again its blury but its on on -90 (down)
  9. Jul 9, 2009
    Can't really see the -, also can't really give that much of help there without taking a look on the entire map settings.
  10. Jan 11, 2011
    I didn't realize there was a second pic on that link.

Try using the first value (Pitch Yaw Roll) to tell in which direction you want the shadows to be cast.
    Then select a value from 0 to -90 on the second value (Pitch). That's the one telling where the sun "aims". -90 Meaning it goes straight down (like in mid-day), and 0 meaning that it goes straight horizontaly. Values from -25 to -65 are usually the best ones.

Imo, you failed at trying to put the "Down" on the first value; since that's given specificaly in the second field (Pitch alone).