Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Help!

Discussion in Technical Support started by westie808, Sep 9, 2013

1. Oct 6, 2012
    I really dont know whats wrong with my computer, idk if its been crashing on me or freezing but its getting me pissed off cause it does that and it seem that it shuts off my mouse and keyboard and cant do nothing much but to make a hard restart on my desktop
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Not very descriptive so I'm gonna just say the general things.

Worst case scenario, a part in your pc is going, could be ram, cpu, or psupply, not a very likely scenario but always a possibility.

If a part isn't going, then you're pc could be overheating. You should probably open it up and check if there's a lot of dust in it, spray out that dust with air in a can from a tech store and make sure the dust is cleared and it will cool off tremendously. Alternatively you could try getting better cooling parts as well like the hyper 212 if it's your cpu overheating and that's an issue.

It could also be you having too many things opened on your pc if it's not up to date, but this shouldn't be an issue unless your comp is like 2-3+ years old.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    What are your computer specs? And how old is your build? What programs do you have running in the background?
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Shouldn't this be moved to 'Technical Support'?
  5. Jun 23, 2010
    It could be many things. Did it start to do that after you installed or updated anything?
  6. May 31, 2012
    Occam's razor it's probably software related. Have you done any recent updates or software downloads? Does this happen during particular tasks while use your computer? If you are willing, switch to a last known good configuration using recovery tools. I keep backups of everything so I personally like restoring the computer to manufacturer's settings just to be certain.

If not software the next thing I would do a basic diagnostics using the command line and then post the results:

[IMG]

[IMG]

You can use a trial version of hdtune to reinforce the results.

Although it is not impossible I am going to stray from the RAM and overheating CPU. More often bad RAM leads to at least BSOD or no-POST/no-video condition and overheating CPU normally shuts off the computer. If you did want to check that out though be my guest:

You can stress both the RAM and CPU using Prime95 (this is a 64-bit version). Report your CPU temperature to us using CPU ID / HW Monitor. Is your fan making any noises or does it even spin at all?

Let us know. Give us more information. Lets isolate and solve your problem dude.
  7. Oct 6, 2012
    I think I got it to fix again, I took the ram, sound card, graphics card apart and installed them back again and it kinda got fixed a bit
  8. Aug 12, 2012
    kinda fix? Is it still doing the same problems
  9. Oct 13, 2011
  10. Feb 27, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
      when my computer had these same symptoms, I threw my hard drive at my neighbor while he was smoking, picked it back up and tried it again...and it worked!
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Oct 6, 2012
        haha well my desk top is like 4 yrs old and I got a new corsair power supply like 6 months ago a new graphics card at the same time, my computer is now working fine but whenever im on the server it kinda lags or freezes when I hit the key to open up the list of the players, I think I need more memory ram?
      • Apr 9, 2007
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          could be overheating, thats what happens when my mac gets too hot.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Could be heat, software, failing hardware, drivers, corrupt game files, corrupt windows files, lack of resources, lack of RAM, poor processor, some form of Virus/Trojan, or a thousand other things :/

We need more detail though from westie. If it continues to happen westie, let us know, and give us more detail.
        • May 31, 2012
          ^ + support. I just wanted to repeat what Kyle said. Still seems software related so drivers are a good place to start and easier to work with compared to hardware diagnostics.
        • Mar 20, 2011
          GPU drivers, BIOS, and make sure your GPU fan/ heat sink, CPU fan/ heat sink are free of dust. Get some canned air or use an air compressor and clean it out.
        • May 31, 2012
          get malware anti bytes and do a scan, works like a charm.
        • Oct 6, 2012
          ok I went to office max and bought some canned air and dusted the shit out of the components, it was very dusty and I think that the dust was the problem. I am gonna update the drivers when I get home cause tonight I gots me a date.lol anyways ill let u guys kbow what happens if it continues to act stupid, maybe ill even buy a new tower
          • Like Like x 1