Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.
  1. Oct 20, 2015
    So I recorded a hacker in a demo called "Hacker?" would the ? be the reason i cant play/find my demo. I already banned him and i couldnt find my demo so i unbanned him and now i feel like an idiot since i cant find my demo. so my ultimate question is can i not find my demo because i put a ? mark in it. i try to play the demo and it say this

CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file hacker?.dem for reading.
    need help to solve this so i dont feel like an idiot!
  2. Jul 20, 2014
  3. Oct 20, 2015
    how to rename the demo? it was clear evidence in the demo he was hacking.
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    Open your steam, choose Counter-Strike: Source, right click and choose Properties, open the Local Files tab, click Browse local files, and open the cstrike folder. You should find the hacker?.dem file there, and rename it.
  5. Mar 26, 2012
    Whoops. When you tried recording, it probably said
    Code:
    CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file hacker?.dem for writing.
    Can't name files with \ / : * ? " < > |

It failed to record the demo because it couldn't create the file. That's why you can't find your demo.

Not a big deal.

You can:

A) Wait and catch him next time.

B) Post his information in the Bans section of the forum.

C) Message Brian and he can check the logs.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Next time try to reseach just a tiny little bit before buying admin.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 26, 2012
        It's an understandable mistake. Nobody is perfect. Just keep your demo names to letters and numbers for simplicity and to avoid this problem. :]
      • Mar 10, 2014
        Just as I thought. Sorry druglord, you'll get him next time.
        :facepalm: this guy... @Meltdown™
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 25, 2014
          Says the guy who makes a big fuss about leaving just to return the next day.

If you wanna be admin then is it really that hard to spent some effort lookin into it what exactly you are buyin, or is it normal to just buy a product and later on you don't have a clue how it works.

I may be a pain, bit I always try to put effort into my actions when I was admin, you guys just think it's a freeroll.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Winner Winner x 4
            • Funny Funny x 3
            • Zing! Zing! x 2
            • Mar 10, 2014
              Im not even going to lie, i was so fucked up and high for those few days, that it felt more like 2 weeks had gone by, then i had received a rude awakening from @Thor Haz Luck, and my calendar(Screw Those Guys) that it had only been like 2-3 days since the post of my departure, then when i had lost my job due to some Upper Management BS going on at the time, i took the time to mull things over, and after a while i just allowed myself to slip through the cracks of corporate, to focus on what was more important. Now i make $250 bucks a week for literally sitting on my ass doing nothing at home, and speaking of home, i bought out the lease on a quaint little place for my girlfriend, @Thor Haz Luck(he has a smaller bedroom), and myself(Master bedroom, Duh). Now i've had to go in and out of the hospital on both Christmas Eve, and Christmas, to ensure that my Girlfriend will indeed have a life and a future without much pain, and possibly lessen the Nerve Damage she has suffered already. Either way this whole rebuttal is merely an example on how no one can predict what life will throw at you. So yes if i throw a fit and crack under stress, for my life is in no way a pretty box of Chocolates by any means. Then i believe that i damn well have the right to do as such, so in summary you clearly have a lot to learn about the real world, instead of this delusional fantasy that you create around you, as to where your negativity and pessimism amount to anything worth while. Though I must admit that i'm glad that you can admit to yourself that your a pain in the ass, and an unnecessary pain i might add, for that admittance is the very first step to recovery and rehabilitation, to your miserable little life in hopes that you may one day amount to something meaningful. Now if you will kindly shut the fuck up and keep your misery self loathing to yourself. I personally would appreciate it, and im sure im not the only one.

That being said @louisville_druglord had posed a legitimate question on the Specifics of how a Demo Should be named, Instead of ridiculing him for something so asinine and and immature as this, i choose to commend him for taking this to the forums where it can be discussed and talked over with the entire community and he can receive proper feedback, with the hopes and intentions to set him up to be all that he has the potential to be. The ironic part is that you expect greatness from all the players, both new and old, yet your sole purpose here anymore is to constantly dig at their foundations in an attempt to tear them down, in an attempt to try and give your self a small amount of satisfaction in the realisation, that if you can tear them down then you must be better than them, granting some small amount of personal validation that maybe you aren't the piece of shit, miserable little worm that deep down you know you are. Which brings me to the hypocrisy of your actions, for while you demand greatness you yourself dont amount to much here, and if you do you dont lead by the example and actions that you expect everyone to have. Good day sir.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Zing! Zing! x 2
              • Winner Winner x 1
                Disturbed_One, Dec 27, 2015 Last edited by Disturbed_One, Dec 27, 2015
              • May 15, 2011
                This is not the place for these personal convo's/disputes. Zippy one liners are ok though.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                  I have to disagree with you, my dear friend, @Meltdown™.

I'm going to praise the work of @louisville_druglord, or at least in this regard, and agree with @Disturbed_One.

You can see a lot of very good qualities in this decision. The demo name was "Hacking?" That question mark is a big deal to me, but not for the technical reasons. The admin obviously approached it with a non-biased opinion and was being critical of their self before making a decision. I'm sure, even when you were an admin, you saw admins prepping their preemptive ban binds when they saw [SMAC] messages... they literally act like dogs going for meat... and those players almost never stood a chance even if they were innocent - everything "looks" like hacking. It seemed like so many admins enjoyed placing their punitive punishments upon others and were practically keeping scorecards of their bans, that it generated a player versus admin environment here... Upon learning there was no evidence, the admin rescind the ban! This admin wasn't in it for the ban, but purely to facilitate the rules appropriately. Lets even stipulate that the person was definitely hacking, then who cares? The person has a second chance and changes their mind about hacking, and it would be better to +1 the community anyways; also, most hackers tend to repeat and bury their own grave, so they'll get caught next time no problem. This admin admits the mistake and goes to the forum for help to learn how to resolve this issue or learn for the next time... that is honestly fantastic.

Next, you cannot reasonably expect anyone to be a good or perfect admin upon purchasing or receiving that status. You were once new to the community too, and to my recalling, you weren't the most perfect admin yourself. This is not a bad thing or criticism against you as a person or your ability to administrate, but it is to your posted point. Not only is it kind of an "on the job learning" and "no right answer" sort of deal, but everyone should always be learning or trying to make a best judgement... even the people at the top of the hierarchy here.

To criticize at a mistake like this... it's just not the right thing to do.
                  • Winner Winner x 4
                  • Like Like x 3
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • Jan 5, 2014
                    i also make fun of people to feel good

it's literally the only reason why i bought admin

internet power = real life power
                    • Funny Funny x 3
                    • Zing! Zing! x 1
                    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                    • Dec 28, 2014
                      i think i got that guy today man, louie. A Guy called SLiX?
                    • Apr 18, 2014
                      Check the steam ID of the both players, not the same person
                    • Dec 27, 2012
                      • Funny Funny x 1