Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Heroes Of Newerth Has gone F2P

Discussion in Gaming started by PeNguiN, Jul 29, 2011

1. Jul 14, 2010
    HON ~ Heroes Of Newerth ~ http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/f2p_splash.php is now F2P.

Time to get your free game HoN! Heroes of Newerth is now free-to-play, operating under a new model designed to expand the HoN community and enhance the gameplay for our existing fan base. In just over a year’s time we’ve grown to be a community of 540,000 players – a direct testament to our game’s quality. With the transition to free-to-play we’re opening HoN up to new audiences as you can now easily introduce the game to your friends. To learn more about HoN or to create an account and download the game, visit

S2 has a serious level of commitment to our current players to continuously improve both the game and their experience. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that the superior experience HoN delivers will remain untouched for our loyal fan base during and after the free-to-play transition. Existing players should read the following post for details on how the new model works and what to expect during the transition.
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    Doesn't look fun.
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    I think I'll just keep my eye out for Guild Wars 2, looks like a serious contender with some very interesting ways of doing things.

I particularly like the idea of real-time combat. Not click and wait for the other guy to fall over, you actually press buttons to attack, you can roll out of the way to avoid hits, and block with shields. And if you're in a dungeon, its up to everyone to hold their own, not like WoW where its a single point of failure, that if the tank dies, the entire team wipes.

4. Oct 29, 2010
    While I too am looking forward to Guild Wars 2, HoN is a DotA style RTS so I don't know why you compared two. :razz:
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    I just meant for another online game to sink time into, I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2, Newerth looks a little meh to me.