Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hey, I has map plans, just need a mapper to help me out.... :P

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Jon, Sep 19, 2011

1. Apr 2, 2011
    Hey I have designs for a D-Day map that I would love to see used, but... I lack the means of creating a css map, let alone a ze map....

These plans were from when we had the member I Can Has... he was getting into mapping, and I was creating a D-Day map with him as a debut piece, before his end with pF...

Anyways, I came across a ton of my designs and was wondering if a mapper, or player that wanted to map, would be willing to look at my designs and what not to see if they would like to create a ze D-Day map...
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    I would love to help, but I know nothing about mapping. :confused:
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    So you posted here... because?

Either way, I'll see if I can catch I can has on steam. He has an alternate account that NONE OF YOU know, except for maybe a few. He isn't on alot so it might take up to 2 months to catch him online. (possibly even more.) I guess he'd be glad to see his idea getting worked out. I myself know nothing about mapping sadly. :/
    For whoever wants to attempt, I could try asking Kaemon to support that person. (I don't guarantee he'll help, but he is usually very helpful.)
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    I would ask the these mappers. Dirtbag (I can't remember his current name lol), dormantlemon, nyro, gd1, LadyMoonLight, Natalaya, Acehigh, Kosuki and Captain Cliche.
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    I don't think any of these mappers, except for dormantledemon are experienced in making ze maps. Ze maps are quite alot harder to make and require a giant amount of time.
    Even experienced mappers, whom never have made a ze maps will have alot of trouble with balancing issues because it's ALOT different.
  6. Nov 2, 2010
    I know that.. ZM maps are basically like normal maps, ZE maps require so much time it's not even funny. I imagine someone will reply to him :razz:
  7. May 15, 2011
    I'm Pinkie Pie now, NightFury.

As the blue haired Otaku said, it takes some really experienced mappers.

I wouldn't be able to help not only cause of the time for my learning curve but I myself don't have a lot of time.

Dormantlemon is a professional in ZE but I'm also sure Nyro, Acehigh, and Captain Clicky can help.

I remember Captain Clicky saying he was bored, so maybe pester him.

Otherwise, sorry I couldn't be of greater assistance.
  8. Feb 12, 2011
    I'm not blue haired. :crying:
    That's Konata Izumi from Lucky ☆ Star.
    Pretty sure you've seen her beforeeee. <3 XD
  9. Apr 14, 2011
    im busy working on my movie map atm. people have asked me to do a ze map and like the other guy said it just takes alot of time, i will have alook at the plans in 2 weeks time when my new maps done
  10. Apr 2, 2011
    ok then, just lemme know when you need the designs posted, then I will get to it all :smile:
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    I couldn't have been happier that you posted this. I've made a few maps in my time, and i can tell you that ZE is obviously incredibly difficult to make maps for. Times have to be perfected, it has to be just the right length, Every exploi or hole in functions has to be eliminated etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy to offer a hand in this map, but when it comes to balancing, timing and such, then I'm only hindering the progress of the map.

But if you need help on anything else, feel free to contact me on steam, my name is in my signature.
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    I've been quite involved with luffaren, and from time to time kaemon.(luff during the making of pred, and kaemon just randomly.) I know how hard it is to make ze maps, even though I can't possibly map myself at all. xD
  13. Jun 21, 2011
    D-day map would need a lot of displacement :grin:
  14. Apr 14, 2011
    Add me on steam so we can talk more about it. Kosuki07
    I can help you with this
  15. Aug 18, 2006
    Check the original post date... :confused:
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    Is it a beach landing, or a paratrooper airdrop?