Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hide and seek and war battles

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Super Mario, Apr 4, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    I have asked in the past for a hide and seek map and said I will work on one. I am working on my first minigames map here and made some few maps already. I just recorded a demo of myself ingame showing you how the game will be like. Hiders will pick an object and turn all invisible with their knives and automatically teleport to the map that I am still working on. Teleports are still not set yet either. Also, seekers will be in a box waiting for a minute or so while hiders are finding their spot. I will also add a lot of similarly props so seekers get confused and makes it harder to find hiders and kill them with their gun. Note: hiders only get a knife. Here is the demo of my start: http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/27380013/24dd4f53/hide.dem.html. I hope rooters mostly like this idea.EDIT: here is the map download so you can watch it. You can delete the map after watching.
    http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/27380968/f39f3b93/mg_test.bsp.html
    Here are some pictures of war battles between Ct and T in different kind of maps:

A knife fight in a small box and god knows where the player teleports in that box, might be next to 3 enemies :razz:. It has random teleports.
    [IMG]

Confusing walls knife or m3(shotgun) fight:razz:layer picks
    [IMG]

Scout or knife gravity spot:razz:layer picks
    [IMG]

Trampoline knife fight:
    [IMG]

Awp battle:
    [IMG]

Xm1014 or m3 or shotgun battle:
    [IMG]

I hope you guys like the map so far and I will keep it going till I make 14 types and 3 of them will be hide and seek maps. Sry that I did not find a name for the map yet. Thank you.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Sep 26, 2010
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • May 5, 2011
        looks like fun man, cant wait to play it :grin:
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Lol thanks muffin. Edit: Does anyone know an easier way instead of uploading a demo and straight watching it instead of downloading the map and the demo?
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Nice maps Mario i like the design and purpose of them! :thumbsup:
      • Oct 17, 2011
        You are making good maps too Arsis. Thanks and keep up your work too. YOu can add me and I can help if you want.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Lol I just downloaded that but I need help using it
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Ty :smile: and ill do so when im not lazy lol
      • Jul 28, 2011
        If you use fraps, be sure to compress the file. Fraps videos are HUGE
      • Apr 4, 2012
        compressing wont even do anything to a 3 gb file. Convert it ppl
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I am having trouble here. If anyone can please take the demo and convert it, it would be good.
      • Apr 4, 2012
      • Nov 29, 2010
        This map's really starting to come together Mario, nice work.

One thing I perhaps could chip in is can you change the texture for that maze? It's going to be difficult to traverse as everything sort of blends in, I could imagine players getting stuck in there
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
        • Nov 2, 2011
        • Oct 17, 2011
          I did try Fraps. Idk why it is not recording when I press F9 in game and numbers do not show up and It does not turn red. Anyways to all, download the map and the demo, watch the demo then delete them both, done. It is simple and easy and I hope rooters can give us future hide and seek server like this.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          is F Lock on? Change the hotkey to something else...
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Ok, here are the plans I added for my hide seek and war battles map(still no map name). Players pick the object they want then teleport(still working on the teleport) and then go hide and after 50 seconds seekers will spawn with a shotgun and go look for them. When player picks object, he will turn all invisible with his knife. Here are 2 examples of 2 videos of 31 seconds of my work so far:

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6vz7sFSwzE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqJD9dex3bQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1