Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hide n seek server?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Mickeyy, Jun 19, 2012

1. May 28, 2012
    i know this has been talked about for awhile but if you can see as soon as the hide n seek map is on that tony made the server is instantly full 48/48 and its a very popular map and brings alot of interest because of being different props and finding them at the same time, but it isnt fair to those who wanna play other mini games

so that saying i know alot of PF members said they would make a hide n seek map so making a server with just these maps will bring alot of attention

idk just my theory on it
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    This was killed by a few of my peers, I doubt this is coming back.

Sorry.
  3. May 14, 2011
    I forgot who told me this but the thing is, at the moment the reason its so good is because its unique. Its like having sweets, they taste nice and you enjoy having them but you eventually stop enjoying them as you did originally. (there is a much dirtier example that better describes what I mean but i wont say) This love for the map will eventually die down. 2 extends of this map thats 25+15+15 mins = 55mins is enough imo.

You weren't here when we had the ski mountain epidemic, it will die down like that.

EDIT: I assume you are talking about the new HnS map that tony made. (not the actually maps that require a HnS pluggin)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      We had an HnS server. It failed horrifically and I don't think we have any plans to look back into it.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      We had a private test server that someone made changes to and the other made a news thread. Releasing it a few hours after it was setup.
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Maybe back then it wasn't as popular? Idk, but at the moment everyone is enjoying the gameplay. I am willing to contribute quality maps if this will be considered.
    • May 27, 2008
      It happens in waves. I've been around long enough to see this. It won't be long before it starts to feel repetitive, and then eventually die.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • May 14, 2011
        Well Tony can just simply take all of the valve maps, put his spawn in them, change the props. He could release about 10 maps within a week if he wanted to, however, I would not go on this server personally. A bit of HnS is good and I love it but too much would be overkill.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 28, 2012
          nonesense its fun and brings huge attention to the server when its on the HnS map
        • May 14, 2011

• Apr 9, 2012
          I've heard of it a couple of times and it sounds lovely. Might as well replace the second (often) useless and hopelessly empty ze_server that even I have only been on once for 5 mins, only to realize it's a wasted server. Allow me to clarify that I'm not trying to gather angry answers on this post as this is merely my opinion of that server!

This kind of reminds me of as_maps, the assassination mode which was also awsome. It died for a strange reason and it has ever since never been brought back to live. Talking general: Why MG and not HnS? Why jailbreak (cmon... I mean... Jailbreak = o__o) and not AS.

Sometimes I do not understand the demands of this day x)

BTW I love MG ofc but I hate Jailbreak

People are desperate to find new mods, I really think it'll do well if we start a server with a decent amount of maps (even if it are ports). Especially if we would be the only server yet
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I have to agree... Tony made something beautiful happen. If he releases maps every so often which include classic Valve maps... I think the server can take off very well. Although Kyle and Peter could be right, it might just be another wave that'll die out.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 15, 2011
            Keep the maps Tony is making in MG. That's the best for now. HnS is fun and all, but it's not something that deserves its own server. That would be about as fun as a 24/7 Course server. It's fun when you play it for a few rounds, maybe a few different map choices, but not a 24/7 HnS. It was tried in the past, but it fell through, and for good reason. Fun game mode, but not fun enough.
          • Feb 1, 2011
            I think it will work out best if we keep the HnS maps mixed in on the MG rotation. HnS is super fun, but trust me, it gets much less fun when that's the only thing there is to do. We had a HnS mod server and it really never took off. Variety is what keeps things interesting, so I'd prefer to be able to play Tony's HnS map, then play some ski mountain, then some builder maps or whatever else.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • May 12, 2012
              Hide n seek is becoming very popular however I do not believe that it should have its own server. I do not think that a hide n seek server alone could front 48 people for at least 12 hours a day like the minigames server does. I think that people will get tired of it after a few weeks. Having a good mix of hns,build maps,mini game and escape maps makes the minigames server what it is and that is why its so successful. So I agree for more HnS maps, which will stop people from being discouraged when they have to go through several map cycles to play HnS again

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
            • Jul 28, 2011
              While I think HnS maps should stay on the MG server, I definitely would not mind having more maps like this on rotation. Maybe a L4D port would make a good one......
            • Jul 4, 2011
              I'm glad you like the map I made but as everyone has said now, I don't think servers playing it all day long would be any good in the long run, people will get tired of it and the server will die. It's a great mod but not something you would want to play all the time.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Tony. . .if you do make another Hide-n-seek map, can you base your map off a horrifically obscure location (to really level the playing field)?
            • Jul 4, 2011
              I'm currently making one that will replace office, it will have about 3 different maps in it (default maps).
            • May 28, 2012