Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Himeji Castle - Final Release

Discussion in Completed Maps started by JorisCeoen, Oct 31, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2012

The final version of Himeji Castle has been released. It has a major improvements over the older version:

• many updated balancing issues
    • fixes of stretched textures
    • fixed extreme bloomy HDR
    • added extra props (custom ones)
    • perfected the flow of the map
    • added a new route to the upper catwalks (removing the dead end)
    • removed vertical ladder at CT spawn and replaced with stairwell
    • changed lights to ornamental props (with some fancy, cheap physics)
    • Improved shadows and lightmaps
    • full radar editted to the style of CS:GO and a fully working .nav file with placenames, optimized areas and prevention of complete unreliability of bots.
    • removed the 3 upper floors for eliminating unnecessary room and gameground, also eliminating overly excessive vertical gameplay and prevention of walking on the roofs.
    • Fixed balcony, has now a roof and roofs there are unaccesible.
    • Added new A bombsite at the middle of the castle, which majorly improves gameplay.
    Of course, there will be some things that many people will notice, of which I will have to adapt later on, but I'm confident this version for now can be called final. It's fully playable, no tricky errors or unlogical things, and botfights are fun to play. Balance is much, much better, uncomparable to the previous version.
    Also, this time around it has a full optimization process which eliminates all possible overhead that there has been previously.
    Gallery:
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 8
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 5
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
      JorisCeoen, Oct 31, 2013 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jan 22, 2014
    • Feb 3, 2012
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Jesus that is amazing looking. I love it! :grin:
          • Feb 21, 2007
          • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I'm almost done with the map. I'm hoping to release it late by the night, or tomorrow evening. I will first be releasing a playable beta version, after that I will release a final version for the contest. I'll see what people have to say about the gameplay and I'll change things if there are too many unbalanced items. Within a month or so should the complete final version be there.

In case someone missed the WIP, here it is!
            • Like Like x 2
            • Feb 27, 2012
              Jesus CS:GO can look amazing, even though i despise bloom/HDR. That looks amazing Joris, awesome work! :grin:
            • Mar 30, 2013
              For the moment, you are the only winner, because there are not other map for the contest :wink:

Really nice work, the map look beautiful
            • Apr 9, 2012
              So, it's finally over. I can now play a game again xD

There is a gallery at the first page for those who are interested, and some extra description, the old description has been put in a spoiler to save room.
            • Feb 11, 2012
              I gotta get on GO to play this map, it looks absolutely amazing!
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Apr 9, 2012
                My map has been blowing up on the Workshop since the last days, if you haven't checked it out yet, here it is!

You gotta excuse me for the advertise-like posts, but I want my map to get as much attention as possible. If I work on it hard enough you never know if Valve could accept it xD But if so I'll have to change the gameplay for bomb defusal considerably as currently there is too much vertical gameplay.

Anyways, I also updated the current version so that people won't have a glitched skybox anymore. Speaking of skybox, I'm working on a high-res version for my skybox texture, so it shouldn't look pixelated anymore. I'm gonna add more updates once some gameplay deciding changes have been applied. I'm talking with Will2K and other people now for the best solution to an ideal Bomb/Defusal scenario.
                • Like Like x 4
                • May 27, 2012

Most popular map this week. Thats amazing, fantastic job. It really does look incredible. XD
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Apr 9, 2012
                    Haha again? It was beginning to lower past 2 days, and now it's up again xD Lemme check that. Thanks for noticing and the encouraging comments ^^
                  • Apr 9, 2012
                    After digging a bit, I realised that my map is standing at the first page of the top rated submission of all time, and on the 19th place :grin: so far at least, it can always change (degrade/upgrade). The contest results could be announced today, else it'll be tomorrow. I'm really becoming impatient to receive the results xD
                  • Jul 20, 2012
                    Pure awesomeness. WoW: MoP inspired? Anyway get going on that ZE project of yours :smile: I hope the look doesn't decieve the playable joy of it. Fingers crossed.
                  • Apr 9, 2012
                    If you ment that the visuals would decrease the gameplay, then I believe it wouldn't. If the gameplay is bad it would be because I added bad gameplay elements in it xD I will try my best to make it fun
                  • Feb 3, 2012