Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Home theater gurus? We have any?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Notyab, Aug 21, 2011

1. Jun 10, 2011
    Best sub 300 and under? I currently have Klipsch Quintet III wall mounted. I am torn between the center channel i had which is a larger JBL and the smaller Klipsch Quintet III that was included. I have the larger on there now because i have no sub which brings me to my next question. What would be the best subwoofer to marry with my setup.

Amazon.com: Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black): Home Audio & Theater

This polk has nothing but great reviews, and alot of them. Thoughts?

Current setup, not done yet...

2. Oct 27, 2010
    Always buy used audio equipment. The technology has changed much in decades and if you do your research you can probably get what was once a $1,000 sub that will fit in your budget.

I've bought new headphones, but I would never buy a new receiver, turntable, amp, sub, or monitor.
  3. Jun 10, 2011

there isnt squat on local craiglist atm.
  4. Feb 20, 2011
    Just a 32 Inch TV, some speakers, a Blu-Ray Drive and a 2TB Harddrive with movies.
  5. Oct 27, 2010
    If you have flee markets anywhere near you they can be a good place for that as well (more gambling though). I've gotten $600 speakers for $20 bucks before.
  6. Jun 23, 2010
    Check out the Onkyo brand. They have a lot of good receiver.

But for speakers and subs, it depend on personal preference. I like the bose HT setup.

But if you want a good good HT setup, I recommend you saving up around $1,000 for a surround setup.
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    mount you a few memphis 15's on the wall haha