Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Homeworld 1 & 2 remastered

Discussion in Gaming started by Hitman 47, Feb 21, 2015

1. Oct 25, 2012
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Hitman 47, Feb 21, 2015 Last edited by Hitman 47, Feb 21, 2015
    • Feb 21, 2007
      never played this game. is it similar to the x-series? is there a steep learning curve?
    • Oct 25, 2012
      Not like the X series I don't believe and I wouldn't say that homeworld has a learning curve at all because they have a very through tutorial system

And I'm glad that sierra entertainment is back and working with a publisher like gearbox to bring these games to a new generation of gamers :razz:
    • Feb 21, 2007
      I'm surprised no one else has spoken on this. Thought it was a pretty popular game?
    • Aug 1, 2011
      It was popular back in the day, but basically a legend now on space rts games. Hopefully they kept the game fairly untouched in regards to game play and the aspects that made it great. I also hope this remastered version's engine is as powerful as the originals, allowing for great mods like the star wars mod and battlestar galactica where massive fleets firing thousands of missiles/lasers/beams and the game would barely flinch.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        It's a remastered for the PC only which is why it's not as discussed as much. I'm excited. Think RTS (headquarters, resource mining, management, fighting...) but in space, with ships, and a story for the boys and girls about something.
        • Oct 25, 2012
          • Oct 25, 2012
            finally picked it up tonight cant wait for the 25th :grin:
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 25, 2012
              • Oct 25, 2012
                Cynical Brit made some good points one of the reasons I liked the Homeworld games in the first place was their top notch soundtrack and amazing gameplay :razz: and they haven't done anything to those aspects except make them better!
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Oct 25, 2012