Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hopefully switching from US Cellular to Verizon - Need advice

Discussion in Android started by Zenzr, Jul 6, 2016

1. Jul 8, 2012
    So without getting to much into detail the plan we have for US Cellular (I don't pay my own bill, my parents do but I pay for upgrades in phones and what not) we have is ~$350 a month for 5 lines. It's so high because we thought we switched to a newer one and they didn't do anything.

I'd like to switch my family to Verizon, probably going with the 12GB data for 5 phones (with a new iPhone 6s) for ~215+tax a month. Basically it breaks down to $20 line fee(x5) $30 device payment (for the iPhone) other 3 phones are 2x iPhone 5s and two Nexus phones and $80 for 12gb data. All of them besides my dads phone should work on Verizon. which is why we want to get him a new iPhone since he likes his iPad.

They told me the first month they charge 2x the normal fee plus activation. Is this true?

@Secprotocol @anyoneelsewithverizon

How has your coverage been? Here in SW Wisconsin Verizon is basically king, and anywhere I travel I see that Verizon is basically king of reception.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    I rarely have reception issues with Verizon. Still milking my unlimited data plan as much as I can too. Not sure about the payment stuff though. I just pay my mom for my part of the bill.
  3. Feb 8, 2013
    I switched from AT&T to Verizon, but felt no difference so far other than more money to my bill. That's all you have to know. They think they da shit, but they the shit.

And Seeker lies all the time. There's no such thing as unlimited data in Verizon.
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    I've only once in my entire life encountered a place that Verizon was the not the best reception. It was absolutely last after every major US Carrier.

Other than that I think everywhere I've gone they've been the best coverage out of any carrier.
  5. Jul 14, 2010
    I'm still on US Cellular and my new house location has horrible service, but my sister switched to Verizon and gets better service and the new customer deal too, so I would recommend it. When my contract is up, I plan on switching.
  6. Jul 8, 2012

Interesting. I don't use THAT much data, but I would pay the $20 for 16GB up from 8 lol.

[IMG]
  7. Jun 29, 2014
    Switched to Verizon , 1 phone 6 , a iPhone 6s and some android thing , 180 a month , 12g plan and yes I remember the first payment being very high for some reason , then it went down , there is really no place I don't have service.
  8. Jul 14, 2010
    Unlimited calling to Canada. You will be able to prank call @Benderius unlimited. Do it!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      A. Don't prank call me I don't have North America calling it's expensive ask that Macau dude.
      B. We call that Unlimited North America Calling here. Don't see why you need to single 2 countries out.
    • Jul 8, 2012

I think overall, the switch is worth the price.

@PeNguiN it be about a $20 difference for like 1-2 more GB on Verizon vs US Cellular. I think that is completely worth the price for more data, and a much MUCH greater *actual* country wide network lol.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Yes there is. I'm still on it, grandfathered in. 3 lines unlimited data for $195

What was the question? 2x the monthly charge plus activation? Seems sort of right, it shouldn't exactly 2x...more like 1.5x. Your first bill will be added on top of the monthly rate, basically prorating.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Yeah I called actual Verizon, they said no double bill. Basically $100 on top of normal bill for activation. other than that that's it. Normal bill would be $220ish with the new plan and $250ish with 3 new phones instead of just one.
      • Jan 21, 2011

k
      • Jun 11, 2012

[IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Yep.
        • Jun 11, 2012

[IMG]
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I would kill for Unlimited Verizon data. Literally kill.
        • Dec 30, 2006
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I think I'll probably be okay with the new 16gb plan. and if not well $20 more for 24gb. lol. My mom dad and brother maybe use 1-2gb a month. So between my other brother and I we'd have basically 14gb to share. or 20gb.
        • Dec 30, 2006
          They are releasing new plans with safety zone and bumped up data buckets/increasing price. Not sure if you recently checked those out.