Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Hopping

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Si˚, Jun 19, 2011

1. May 5, 2011
    Not trying to be lazy or what so but I think it would be a pretty cool idea to have a command that allows one to hop to another server

!hop

then a menu will pop up and list the servers and how many are playing on it.

then when it pops up you can have a certain button they press to hope on to it after selecting it.

Whats you feedback on it?
  2. May 15, 2011

I second this.
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    I think they've looked into this numerous times, I think they just haven't had the time to code it in or something.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    I actually tried pulling this off yesterday with no luck, yet. It's definitely not a new idea and something we've considered ever since !servers broke in the first place. I'll try again soon, maybe today. Got some other priorities to deal with first.
  5. Feb 21, 2007
  6. May 6, 2011
    If this works, would be great for players to hop on different plaguefest.com servers, great promo tool.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    After many hours trying to get this fucking bitch to work, and having Kyle fix / improve a bunch of shit in the plugin itself, !servers is finally live.

Give it some time for all the servers to change maps so the changes update across all servers (some servers have web shortcuts set to !servers which have now been removed). Once all servers change maps, you can switch between our servers by using !servers

[IMG]

FYI it hides the current server you're connected to.
  8. May 6, 2011
    Great, thank you for the hardwork Kyle and Brian.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    Kyle and Brian, encouraging being a lazy fuck...

I salute you Sirs!
  11. Sep 22, 2010
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Shouldn't that command give you an instant Ban?

Other then that it is awesome that you guys got the !servers to work.
  13. Jul 14, 2010
    Awesome, I'm glad it isn't some html server hop thing as well. Great job guys!
  14. Apr 9, 2007
    Do you guys want anymore information given out by !servers for each server?
  15. Feb 18, 2011
    server name, current map, player count should be everything needed.
  16. Jan 12, 2011
    Server name, map name, and number of players seem sufficient for players. (At least that's what I pay attention to.)

Great job guys on getting this working! :thumbsup:
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    I was just about the say the same thing.. :smile:
  18. Feb 1, 2011
  19. May 28, 2011
    Very nice, very nice. Always good to take the time to be lazy, I always say.
  20. Jul 14, 2010
    Now that we have this command, maybe have an advertisement for the !servers.