Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How admins ban on pF

Discussion in Help Desk started by Pearlsnaps, Jan 2, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 8, 2012
    So, I got another ban on pF today for bhopping. It was 1 hour but then somehow bumping it 3 days more and was changed to 3 days which I really don't understand because it wasn't a bhop that would cause the round to get destroyed, I was doing it at the spawn as a zombie when the ct's were already far ahead. I'm on pF on a regular basis and just yesterday, we were on predator and the admins give out around 3 warnings for not spamming the alien device and guess what happens, somebody spams the device. He doesn't give out a kick or a ban, he simply just gives out ANOTHER warning about spamming devices. Next round comes, somebody spams the alien device AGAIN and guess what happens this time? Meeko gives him a little kick and tells him not to spam the device. Two rounds were ruined and yet neither of the victims got even a 1 hour ban. I don't understand why an admin can ban somebody for a useless bhop that won't effect the round for a long period of time one bit yet people can ruin rounds and only get a kick or a warning. Can somebody please explain this to me?
  2. Jan 11, 2012
    Well bhop isn't illegal without a reason and it seems that it's your second ban for it. And since you play it regulary, you should know it's not good. And you can't say spamming the device ruined the round, it's no deadly needed item, it's optional. Of course it's hard to tell if trolling, or just new.
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    You were banned prior for bhopping, it actually should've been extended to a week.

You admitted you were bhopping yourself. [IMG]
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    You have five legitimite bans, I don't see why you're not perma banned already. You clearly enjoy breaking pF server rules... Your last ban was for 1 day, next step is to escalate it to a week, you got three days. Consider your 3 day ban as you being lucky
    Post Merged, Jan 2, 2013
    And Clam Cheedur brings proof of you incriminating yourself. :silly:
  5. Jun 2, 2012

This means you can not use bunnyhopping to gain velocity and maintain high velocities that are otherwise not possible to obtain

Rules are rules.
    Chen.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    You were bunnyhopping which is against the current ruleset. It appears that you're a frequent offender, however I do totally side with you on the ban being bogus if this is the case.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 2, 2012
    • Oct 29, 2010
      If I had known there were already three public warnings prior to that spam, I would have happily immediately proceeded to kick/ban the offender. However, I was not present for the past warnings.

He's on my watchlist though.
    • Sep 8, 2012
      Psh, you're kidding right? Did any admins actually see me bhop? No and I know that for a fact because when I actually did type that, I didn't even bhop. It was stupid of me to "admit" I bhopped but I didn't know I would get banned for it? I swear to you I've said that I've bhopped before and they took it as a joke. Danmaku is also a doner and I was just joking with him. If I did bhop, I wouldn't say, "HEY GUYS, I JUST BHOPPED AGAIN". Read what I said again, I tried to make it as a joke since I killed him.
    • Apr 4, 2009
      The ban says there are demo's, will have to wait and watch them.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 8, 2012
        Alright but are there gonna be demos at that moment that they banned me? I don't think so. I'll be honest I did bhop at that map and they did give me warnings too. If they have demos of me bhopping BEFORE they gave me a warning then I don't think it should be used for a demo.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Due to expected data dropouts there were no replies when I started writing. I delayed sending the message for about a minute and apparently everyone else posted in the time it took me to begin writing the message tons ending said message. However, I didn't lose connectivity this time around, I'm about to hit the second dead zone so I'll just send this as is instead of continuing onto Shakespeare.

EDIT: @secprotocol battery life was fixed in 4.2 and my signal issues are nonexistent, could also be Frinkofrancos kernel, but who knows. The pirate just left, 'tis tragic.
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • Sep 8, 2012
          And also, you admins (level 1,2,3) should be worrying about the people who are ruining the server less than the people who are mindlessly bhopping in a place that doesn't even matter? All I think you guys do is mostly ban people for mic spamming, racism, and bhopping. Things that actually ruin the game are put aside for kicks and warnings.
        • Kyle
          This message by Kyle has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Jan 2, 2013, Reason: god damn it..
          Jan 2, 2013
        • Mar 7, 2009
          Pearlsnaps you are a regular on the ze server.. you should know better to not even bunny hop. As the team was going down the ramp, I've seen you bhop down it not giving a F*** despite of the warnings given (That were globally said). You were also kicked (BHOPPING) a few rounds back. You even mention that you "purposely bhopped to get danmaku" so I don't know what you are complaining about. You know the rules so follow it. EDIT: I have the demo where you bhopped down to get danmaku btw.
        • [31Bravo] Ray
          This message by [31Bravo] Ray has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Jan 2, 2013, Reason: stay on topic dear.
          Jan 2, 2013
        • ☣™ Fire Dragon ™☣ =pF=
          This message by ☣™ Fire Dragon ™☣ =pF= has been removed from public view. Deleted by CyphX, Jan 2, 2013, Reason: There is...
          Jan 2, 2013
        • Sep 8, 2012
          I see everybody is ignoring what I'm trying to get across. Look at my 1st post on this thread, I am trying to figure out why somebody should get a 3 day ban for simply bhopping yet people who spam items despite MULTIPLE warnings should get kicks and more warnings? I am so confused in the banning system at pf.

EDIT: Cyphx PLEASE show the demo, I want other admins to decide if the ban should stick to the ban length it is, maybe it should go higher or maybe it show go lower.
        • Aug 18, 2006
          Why shouldn't you get a ban for bhopping? It's clear that you know that it's against the rules as you've been banned for it in the past, so it looks like to me you're intentionally neglecting the rules... What's so confusing?
        • Haplo
          This message by Haplo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Haplo, Jan 2, 2013, Reason: Brian removed post in refence.
          Jan 2, 2013
        • Jan 11, 2012
          Well I think he is on the "why do I get banned while others don't" road.

Addition: To your spam thing. There are people who troll and there are people who are new to the game and need to learn how items work. You can't really tell if they troll untill you know how common they are with ze.
        • Sep 8, 2012
          I'm confused on how an admin can't decide to ban people that actually ruins the game rather than people who don't. I also wouldn't be complaining right now if they didn't change it to 1 hour to 3 days? Like really? What made them change their mind to ban me that much longer? They already knew that I bhopped so what else did I do wrong?
        • Jan 11, 2012
          The more bans you have the longer it gets. And bhoppers ruins the game much more than trolls, spammers or new players IMO.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.