Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Sky, Apr 9, 2014

1. Oct 29, 2013
    hey, guys i have a very hard question.
    so basicly i want to know how can i put combine super soldier into a cs:s charater in this case the guerilla one.

Can somebody help me ? pls
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    Ok. If you see some of those ppl with skins on ze, then they are donator or admin and I can list all the skins.

Father Gregory
    Combine Police Soldier

Level 3 admin:
    Combine super soldier

Dr. Kliener

Believe me, I myself don't really like that skin selection but the reason is that the sizes are very low. I would like to see the master chief or crysis nanosuit skin on pF but they can't because the size of those skins are too high. The reason why those cooler skins have a very high size is because they have a lot of detail put into these skins. More detail = better looking skins.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    i know that they are donator, what i want is Combine super soldier as guerilla to play with bots and have that skin for me understand?
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Super soldier is level 3+ admin only. If that is what you're referring to.
  5. May 31, 2012
    You could take a look at gamebanana's (or a similar webpage) skin section and see if there's something that suits your needs.
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    i have already search on gamebanana or other websites and i can't find anything, that's why i posted in here because the configurator ported the models to here
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    Maybe I can quickly arrange a player model with that Elite Combine one for you, shouldn't be too hard.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 29, 2013
      thx man, i own you one
    • Apr 9, 2012
      No problem mate! Currently in the process of decompiling. It'll be done today if nothing goes wrong.
    • Oct 29, 2013
      ok man, and again thanks for the help.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Here is a preview:[IMG]

I'm about to test it in-game to see if there are some malicious vertices but it should soon be done. I will upload it to GameBanana for making it easier for other people to find a skin like this.

I have not taken this model from the one that appears in PlagueFest because:

1) I couldn't locate it in the download folder anywhere
      2) I always found that it looked somewhat weird in-game with a general stretch to the model (in order to make it fit the original rig I think) whereas here I simply decompiled the super combine soldier and stretched merely the wrinkled knee's and slightly the elbows which also contained wrinkles. In other words you don't see any stretch.

I'll update the post with a link to GB soon!
    • Oct 29, 2013
      okay man, it looks great, you did a fantastic job here, keep that good work.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Here it is: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/133400

I tested all kind of animations and poses and all vertices should be correct, the mesh flows correctly across the bones and it works like a charm.

Bumpmap, Phong and diffuse are like the original model but I adapted them to work in CS:S and are updated to the 7.4 material generation. The selfillumination and halflambert are removed because they produced server consistency pop-ups and where completely unnecessary in the first place. Enjoy, everyone can download this one.

Be aware that with this skin you can't make the difference between normal players and level 3 admins, so make sure not to mistake lots of normal players with lvl 3 admins! If necessary change the texture of this model so that you recognize the difference!

EDIT: Sky, I would like you to change the title of this topic (you can do it via editting your first post and then click on the more options (somewhere should be that button)). Change it to something like: Super/Elite Combine Soldier playermodel (CSS t_guerilla)

This is for people (like you) who are searching the internet and will then bump across these posts faster so they won't have to search for houres and houres. This is up to you ofc, but it's definitly better to change the title :wink:
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I'm not sure how many of these skins fall outside the categories, but normally I could do Render-to-Texture in 3DS Max which makes an optimal quality resize from a higher resolution skin, as such not losing detail at all for the lower resolution, whereas rescaling in a poor program like GIMP or Photoshop is the deathsentence (the program isn't poor but both their resizing qualities are beyond rendering in 3DS Max).

Anyways, @Brian told us some time ago that there was no space for another skin anyways, so everything is outside of the question regardless of size I believe.