Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How did you end up on PlagueFest?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by dillinger, Jan 10, 2018

1. Jul 8, 2016
    I was part of a group of shitheads in computer class in 2007/2008. We knew more than our teacher so we'd finish up early and fuck around. One of the guys put CSS on a flash drive and put it onto our school's server. A few years later, I decided to get CSS. Wound up on PF from the most populated list (back when you had to wait 10 minutes to get in). Been playing on and off for a while. Got admin last year, did a stint in korea, where I didnt play for a year, now Im back.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 14, 2010
      @Seeker & @Peter were in the ZombieMod server from Counter-Strike Source when I was invited to join their VoiP. It think it was Teamspeak(Ventrilo) at the time, and then shortly after became Mumble. I was a different person then... *cough* - but I miss those days. It was a lot of fun. Especially DrinkyThing! :grin:
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Luke, Jan 14, 2018 Last edited by Luke, Jan 16, 2018
      • Oct 29, 2010
        We would never stoop so low. It was Ventrilo!
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Sep 22, 2010
          Since I got mentioned by the awesome @dillinger,

I had prior experience in playing other zombie mod servers previously which had limited ammo. After a few years I came back to zombie mod in which I couldn't find one, so I went to an unlimited ammo server, which lo and behold: Plaguefest
          I started out here and met the infamous @doc watson, @PeNguiN while he was named sop|it or some bs name. Hung out with @Punkbuster, met @rxn and @Badgriuel and got into a scuffle with Bad.
          The server rules and PF's ethics were something I had more respect for compared to other servers, so things just took off from there when I decided to become admin.
          Many more Awesome people came along after be it players or admins, and the rest was history. BTW we still hang out in the discord channel.
          • Like Like x 2
          • May 27, 2008
            Wow I got like, several mentions and I only saw them because I misclicked a tab.

So like, I'm getting shittier with remembering things every year. I used to be able to recall so many countless things. I remember being here at the age of 16 playing on one of the only like three ZM servers and Pebble and John were the first admins I ever ran into. I didn't talk much, I was a kid and I was new to the game and mode in general under the name Mini-Taters (You banned him you fucken bastards). This is my intro. @Taters was actually the one that started playing before me and that's the only reason I started, really.

And at the risk of sounding like an old codger that thinks kids have it easier than we did, we only had ZM, AND WE LIKED IT. Then the Custom Maps server came around where we only played aim_deagle7k and abused the shit out of each other on the training server, and I remember one time when REDACTED had FTP access to the custom maps server we spawned in a black hole and did some freaky shit with that. The flame wars with people in HG, when we were part of their conglomerate, then subsequently renounced ourselves and became independent, those were really big days for us that changed the way we made our mark for the better. HG and all the cool duderinos there that I'd do gang shit with. Losing LSA, getting it back, losing it again, getting it back, going inactive and losing it then coming back to train one person who is now an LSA, then going into retirement, I've had a crazy long trip. Remember Wicket? The Manhole pranks? Ck's calvin klein song? Hearing Dharkk's beard grow or how about the russian apocalypse where I think I got inducted into the mob? *Peter has banned Captain Awesome for 438 years. Reason: "TAKE THAT CANADA"* PF Lovlies forum template.

We only had the one computer and the same games, so I was at the mercy of what was downloaded. Anyway, I met a lot of cool as shit people here. Some that none have met, others that still post to this day. I still regard the time I spent here as one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me as it helped sort of shape the type of person I am today. I used to be a stupid, shitty attitude little prick that would only devolve if I felt things weren't going my way and I've changed a lot of that in my now much more prominent years. I'm 27 now and stopped frequenting the servers around age 25, 26, but that's still a huge amount of time spent in the community and game (2.5k hours on steam from practically just the PF servers) I really wish I had more to type but like I said, my memory escapes me and I only ever ping back little moments here and there.

P.S.: idk if Drinkything will ever come back. I would try and make a schedule and attempt to stick to it but I float down a different stream these days, but I still stay in one spot and I have Discord running 24/7. . I forget a lot of things so if you bring up any memories you've had with me here I'll probably remember them and we could go from there. I could go on for hours reminiscing about Plague Fest and what it's done for me, and I'll never forget when I was this place. I don't think there's at @ for everyone here so @PeNguiN @Seeker @Luke @dillinger @Brian @Kyle @Momo [I guess as well I think.] @Josh @Detonator who is totally Polish, Haplo and Dharkk, Retslag and SecP and anyone else I can't remember to tag or left out accidentally, sorry for the bad times but a much bigger thank you for the good ones. We did a pretty good job here, didn't we?
            • Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
              Peter, Jan 15, 2018 Last edited by Peter, Jan 15, 2018
            • Jan 21, 2011
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Oct 8, 2009
                Was introduced back in 2007 by my man. Never played cpu games before, haven’t learned anything since. Was admin for a few years then had to make some financial cuts. Use to play everyday, I enjoyed all the servers. Now I play on and off.
                • Like Like x 1
                  Nena, Jan 15, 2018 Last edited by Nena, Jan 15, 2018
                • Nov 14, 2010
                  I wanted to say Ventrilo, but I immediately thought "It couldn't have been THAT long ago, could it?" so I went with "Teamspeak" But yeah, it totally was that long ago! OMG!
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Jun 29, 2014
                    • Feb 13, 2014
                      • Friendly Friendly x 2
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                      • Zing! Zing! x 1
                        LC, Jan 17, 2018 Last edited by LC, Jan 18, 2018
                      • Nov 20, 2013
                      • Mar 20, 2011
                      • Oct 17, 2011
                        I came along playing from lots of zm servers until i found this one and then i met you the one and only legendary JZX, if anyone remembers him

That used to be the guy that everyone on the server was sucking and following all the time and making cades with him, reaching more than 100 kills. Most of the good ass cades right now were his ideas in the past. Those used to be the days.. i enjoyed learning skills and playing on pF especially because of him.

Also, the old rampage who went to jail and Harvey, my one and only grandpa :frown:

More good players i enjoyed playing with like @DopeScope and Lucid from 2012.

I loved annoying and trolling @Detonator and @dillinger. They always kicked me :frown:

Most importantly, lets not forget about Retslag :smile:
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Feb 27, 2012
                          i miss that guy. i totally forgot about him!
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Oct 17, 2011
                            Ya man i used to see a line of like 30 people looking for him and following him to make cades. I promise you all most of these good cades you see today were his ideas. I used to stack over 100 kills everytime i caded with him lmao.

I wish he can come back
                          • Apr 9, 2012
                            I literally just felt one day like... is there anything else beside cs_office and de_dust? So I just refreshed the entire server's browser, and there I saw maps called 'ze_' and I was like whaaat?
                            And so the story began. It ended up becoming one of my main sources of income, actually: http://www.youtube.com/user/JorisCeoen

Zombie Escape is a huge part of my life at this point, as weird or unserious as it may sound. PlagueFest was the first community that helped me love this mod, and as a result PlagueFest will also keep a special place in my hearth, forever :wink:
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Apr 28, 2013
                              Enough said. Had to edit out some names so I don't end up tagging them again.
                            • Nov 29, 2010
                              Joined shortly after gradding high school, hung out with a bunch of shitlords on ventrilo, befriended said shitlords, played games with shitlords for years outside of CS:S.

Late night talks with them have lead me on a new career path and I couldn't be happier. That one night I was up talking with Akademiks and Harvey is one I remember dearly.

Been really busy with life and studies along with maintaining a running twitch and youtube channel, I still come by to talk and play games with the guys.

I've been craving for a minigames reunion lately.
                              • Like Like x 3
                              • Agree Agree x 1