Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How do I run Zombie Escape GO on my own server?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by Sniper Fox, Aug 21, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 21, 2012
    Sorry for newbing here, but I noticed that your GO servers pretty much go straight to full and stay there.

I was wondering how I can get some sweet zombie love for my own server.
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    You'll probably get it a few months down the road, I'm pretty sure PF isn't going to give you the coding since they've spent aimless timing working on it and it isn't complete yet. Time and patience...
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    Probably what Noodles said. however i'm sure someone that knows more than me might be able to point you in the right direction.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    Probably won't ever happen, to be honest. I doubt we'll just hand over everything needed for a ZE GO server, especially from all the hard work and time put into this.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Aug 21, 2012
      I'm willing to donate my server resources (I'll sign a NDA and give you a shell account to install / configure it). I really like your mod, but you just don't have enough servers.
    • Aug 19, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
      Post Merged, Aug 21, 2012
      slots will be increase as soon as the games player cap is lifted.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I do believe Valve had a 25 player cap on the beta. Once that's released it will get increased I believe.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      As others have said, the player count on the servers should be raised once the game goes live. If the servers still are continuously full other options may (or may not) be looked in to.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 15, 2012
        Just check alliedmodders daily, you will find the plugin there as soon its ready to go public.
      • Aug 19, 2012
        I'm saying like more SERVERS not slots because people say the more slots and then when those slots are filled it will be laggy
      • Aug 19, 2012
        PF giving their code out this early just isn't feasible. It has exclusivity that weighs a lot right now.
      • Aug 5, 2012
        Don't worry, numbers of slots will increase, hence the number of servers isn't really an issue.
        Pretty sure that they are not gonna just hand the ZE coding over to you after devoting so much time into it.
        Why not just join this community? :evilgrin:
      • Aug 21, 2012
        Right now there is exactly ONE Zombie Escape server on the server list and it's 25/25. According to the official steam stats there are over 48,000 players online in CS:GO right now. Do you see the issue yet?

I found out about this mod from valve's official CS GO blog and then I come here to find out that "Oh hey, it's a sweet new mod, just only 25 people on earth can play it at the same time". It's been covered by almost every major gaming site. Do you see the issue now?

Imagine if the Gooseman and Cliffe hadn't released their half life mod called Counter Strike to allow others to run servers. A FPS game mod can't grow if it people can't run it on their own servers. Do you see the issue yet?
      • Jul 8, 2012
      • May 14, 2011
        People can run their own servers. They can create their own Zombie Mod if they like. :smile:
      • Jan 30, 2011
        I can see the issue. However, like everybody has already stated: pF put numerous hours into developing zombie mod exclusively for their servers and to help get their name out there (just guessing), so I find it very, very unlikely that they will be giving away their source/code/whatever it's called to other people that are just looking for a cheap way to get their servers known without doing any of the work.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 14, 2011

I think you missed a trick here. What do we get from giving you something someone spent countless hours creating.

Was rhetorical question. Sorry for causing any confusion.
          • Like Like x 1
            Ghost, Aug 21, 2012 Last edited by Ghost, Aug 21, 2012
          • Feb 12, 2012
            Like everyone said, It'll be a while. It's full because PF doesn't want anyone else to even touch the code. Everyone is trying to create maps/mods/skins and whatnot for GO, and don't want someone getting a semi-complete version of the ZE/ZM mod and claim it as theirs.

Also, take everything everyone else said, including me, as a grain of salt. A root will clarify this once one of them sees this.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 21, 2012
              Hopefully the same thing that the guys who made the counter strike mod for half life (or, more recently the guys who made DayZ for ARMA 2) got! If DayZ only ran on one server on earth, they wouldn't be the run away hit that they are right now.

Every mod that's ever been released for CS, Quake, or any other FPS has had countless hours spent on it.
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.