Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How do you respawn a rope unbroken after it breaks on a new round?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Super Mario, Aug 4, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Thread title. Please tell me if this is possible. If not, I'm going to kill myself. I do want to try to make a point_template and make the ropes kill and respawn after they break on a new game but I am scares of having a crash problem with this. That's why I'll ask first. When ropes break, they will spawn broken again when a new round starts which sucks in hammer. Please help, thanks.
  2. May 14, 2011
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    I was gonna try it but I got this connection pipe lock shit while compiling and it froze. I was just wondering if anyone tried it before or tried another idea and if it worked. Lemme restart. I'll recompile :razz:
  4. Oct 17, 2011
  5. May 15, 2011

[IMG]

Breakable will make it breakable, but re-spawn next round. Start dangling will have it break at the beginning of each round.

Also, don't forget to use a move_rope as your initial rope start point, otherwise, it doesn't work, or it works really gay.
  6. Oct 17, 2011
    I have 5 keyframe ropes attached to a move_rope and they do not break till almost the end where you reach the boss. I set up an animation like the boss is breaking it and I want it to respawn if they start a new round after that.Does your idea work like that?
  7. May 15, 2011
    Anything should work really. Once a new round starts everything resets to the settings/positions they had on map spawn. You might need to add a trigger and have it say, "On trigger<Rope<break<amount of time"