Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How does mg_partybus_multigames sound?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Brett, Dec 10, 2013

How does mg_partybus_multigames sound?

I'd play that shit 21 vote(s) 100.0%
Nah, I wouldn't play that shit 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    So in chat we came up with an idea of partybus multigames. Could this be an actual possibility? Would you guys actually play it?

I thought if anybody was interested in making it, it would be a fun pF community map to play for events, or just to fuck around on. It would be based off of the party bus on ze_thelostworld/ze_paradise.

Features/ideas:
    • Teams (about 4 or so) for some/all the minigames, one drives, other 3 try to stay alive/possibly shoot out windows?
    • buses from hell parody, one side rides in a party bus while the other team runs for their lives
    • obstacle course with death hazards, crazy turns, possibly loop de loops heh
    • mini jousting tourney, last "mini team" alive wins (crashing head on!)
    • race, 4+ buses with teams of 4 (or so)
    • drag racing
    • (insert your idea here)

Thought I'd randomly make this. I wish I had the mapping skills to attempt this but sadly, I am an untalented man and this is just a basic idea.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 28, 2013
      um. The party bus originated on ze_paradise not ze_lostworld which is one of the reasons why I like ze_paradise better along with the osprey, volcano, boat, and jaws. But other than that, I can say that would be an EXCELLENT idea.

EDIT: The same guy that made ze_lostworld also made ze_paradise as well (Butterknife was the mapper of both btw). Butterknife must have an OBSESSION with party busses :razz:.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 24, 2011
        what about making it your first map @Brett?
        I'm sure that us mappers can help you on your quest, in acquiring your very own mapping skills, and then you can follow whatever dreams your heart desires!
        • Like Like x 2
        • Dec 6, 2011
          It probably will be to be honest, but my only major gripe is the wide range of dynamic skills I need to understand to do party buses and such. It probably wouldn't even be started until the new year either because of current projects and classes starting, but who knows. Maybe I just might :shock:
        • Apr 3, 2011
        • Apr 3, 2013
          A tip would be not to do complicated things as your first map, unless you have atleast experimented before.

Source: Me.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Nov 26, 2011
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Mar 30, 2013
            • May 31, 2012
              No. The buses blow up when you touch them.
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 6, 2011
                I'll make a setting for when afamad enters the driver's seat of the bus, it enables "insane afamad mode" where his bus turns into 'pinball' mode.
              • Jun 23, 2011
              • Mar 29, 2012
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Mar 30, 2013
                  Paradise has a bus
                  Lostworld has a bus

---> So he speak about bus
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Mar 29, 2012
                  • Feb 3, 2012
                  • Jan 30, 2013

Id even help assist you with it as I've been wanting to make an mg map, but couldn't think of a good idea for one. :3 Aside from world detailing/building, it seems easy enough.
                  • Apr 28, 2013
                    Butterknife was the original creator of the "party bus". As we are probably going to need him to help us out with the map. Idk if he ever plays on steam or has a pf account or not.
                  • Mar 29, 2012
                    nah just make a bus like the vehicles on retribution or something
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                      Polynation, Dec 10, 2013 Last edited by Polynation, Dec 10, 2013