Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How long have you been a PC Gamer?

Discussion in Gaming started by Dr.Tommy Oliver, May 6, 2014

1. Feb 5, 2013
    hmm about 15 years, one of my first games was Castlevania Symphony of the Night
  3. Feb 8, 2014
    Nearly 20 years... First PC game was a bootleg copy of a game called "streetrod" where you bought, sold, raced, and tricked out cars from the 60's/70's. The game ran on DOS, lawl. I actually found it about 10yrs ago and was able to get it to run using compatibility mode, but I've lost it in the many dead hard drives since. I used to play Captain Keen, Jump Man (or jumper man) and I LOVED the King's Quest games. TY for the nostalgia... I miss being a kid :frown:

Edit: Found some gameplay on Youtube:
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    Been gaming since checkers was a thing so since 5000 years.
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Probably around 14 years for me, which was about when i was 4 or 5. My dad built me my own computer. My first game was either Quake 2 or Duke Nukem 3D. I can't remember which one i played first, but i played them all the time. I remember i was using Windows 98 when i first started playing games. My favourite game i played was Redneck Rampage. That game was hilarious. I lived out in the country, so any multiplayer was done at our house doing LAN parties. Used to play Lithium Mod for Quake 2 and Quake 3.
  6. Mar 4, 2012
    ~15-16 years. First PC game I remember is some motorcycle racing game and then the classic OREGON TRAIL 3.

Outside of that I didn't get into "real" PC games until 2005 when I got Counter Strike: Condition Zero.
  7. Apr 1, 2012
    7 years, goml you suckas! Poor 13 year old me was poisoned by the plague that is the internet. Though I remembered playing Nonsense Madness when I was 6 Along with Rodney's Adventure, South Park Mario, GTA 2, Star Wars the Phantom Minas
  8. Nov 17, 2012
    I started when I was about 3 years old, playing Puzzle games and Chess. At about 5 I was into GameBoy and Consoles.

I think my first PC game was Age of Empires 2, I was 6 or 7 I think. Moved onto Warcraft 3 a few years later.
  9. May 29, 2012
    About 11 years ago when I was 6 years old. Started playing Serious Sam.
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    I got my username from this game as well
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 3, 2013
      I played an old Battlefield game when I was 5-6. That's the start of the creation of me
    • Apr 9, 2012
      15 heard ever since I players Microsoft Midtown Madness for the first time ever, followed by roller coasters tycoon 1
    • Jan 14, 2012
      Hek, May 7, 2014 Last edited by Hek, May 7, 2014
    • Mar 16, 2008
      I would say around 20 years. I use to play the crap out of SimAnt and Dyno Park Tycoon, I also played the early Microsoft Flight Sims that were space and looked horrible.

[IMG]
      [IMG]
      Josh, May 7, 2014 Last edited by Josh, May 7, 2014
    • Feb 13, 2014
      I would have to say around 15 - 20 years.

The first PC game I ever played was Quest for Glory. Which led me onto Space Quest, Kings Quest, and so on. I continued to fall further down the virtual rabbit hole from there.

Sierra was epic.

24_1
    • Feb 1, 2011
      About 20 years here too I think, it's hard to remember. The first games I remember playing were Lemmings and Caveman on DOS and Windows 3.1 on a computer where my parents worked, which was the only one any of us had access to at the time. Later Microsoft Flight Simulator when my dad got a home PC and a joystick. Then after that Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Heretic, Kings Quest V, etc. I picked up on Counter Strike at cyber cafes when they were still numerous in our area, then purchased it as soon as it was available for retail sale. First MMO was Asheron's Call in year 2000 :razz:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 11, 2013
        since i was 5-6 like 10 years and my first pc game was counter strike 1.6
      • Oct 11, 2013
        Some of my first games: Oregon Trail, Sim Life, Sim Farm, Sim City 2000, Sim Copter, Doom, Warcraft 1, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, Leisure Suit Larry

My first game that I played online and competitively was Tribes 1 and years later when RTCW was released I jumped to that.
      • Apr 24, 2012
        I started playing Cs around 2008 so about 6 years of Pc gaming for me.
      • Jun 11, 2012

[IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1