Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How to fix that kind of leak??

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Captain Jack, Jun 27, 2013

1. Apr 25, 2013

Its not a "regular leak", the red line pass through the solid wall :/ The entity leaked is this big stone ( prop_static ).
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    it's not necessarily the stone that's causing the leak. the pointfile just draws a line to the nearest entity.

make sure all your entity origins are inside the map.
  3. Apr 25, 2013
    I just checked this. I had lots of func_breakable with entity origins outside the map, but I fixed them all, and now I have this prop_static leaked , dont know why :/ When I delete the prop_static, the same thing happen with another entity :/
  4. Feb 24, 2011
    Have you tried turning "radius culling" off?
    It's the "R" inside the red circle up in the tool field.

If that doesn't work, feel free to post the compile log so we can locate the origin of the possible leaking entity.
  5. May 15, 2011
    ^ Those, or sometimes the brush goes wibbildy wobboldy and becomes very unhappy, and demands to be deleted and remade. Sometimes.
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    that's how leaks work.

either you still have something outside the map, or you accidentally func_detailed a map-sealing brush, or you have a transparent texture on the border to the void... or some other thing

if you don't find the problem soon you can send me the .vmf and I'll take a look.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Oct 17, 2011
      It could be something else that is causing this prop to leak outside the map. Post your compile log as luffaren said to solve the problem.
    • Mar 8, 2013

afaik, radius culling only affects how the map is rendered in Hammer. it's not taken into account by any of the compiler executables. but yes, it should be turned off in any case because it makes Hammer really laggy.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It looks like it goes near that displacement. Did you happen to make it a func_detail? Select it, then press CTRL+SHIFT+W to bring it back to world, then try and compile.
    • Apr 25, 2013
      @Satin Storm : BINGO !! It was a func_detail as you said! I accidently func_detailed a player_clip wall. Now my compile log is perfectly clean :smile: Thanks guys!
      • Like Like x 1