Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How to get admin?

Discussion in Help Desk started by El Scouto, Aug 2, 2012

1. Aug 2, 2012
    I was wondering how you get admin, I know you click Get Admin up abive but I don't know hoq it all works. Can someone please explain too me?
  2. Dec 2, 2011
    Click that
    also here is a wiki http://plaguefest.com/wiki/admin-faq-s/
    How do I obtain server admin?(top)

Server admin can be obtained via a subscription. For details see http://plaguefest.com/help/upgrades

How do I add my Steam ID to my forum account?(top)

See How do I add my Steam ID to my forum account tutorial.

What are the levels of admin and their abilities?(top)

See Admin Levels

How do I get promoted to the next admin level?(top)

See the Promotional Guidelines

When is a good time to perform map changes?(top)

If there are other admins on the server, consult with them immediately before changing maps. If you are the only admin on the server, map changes should only occur when there are less than 5 minute remaining before the end of the map. It is not proper to simply change maps if you do not like the choice. It is best to have the players RTV the map if you want it changed immediately. Keep in mind that Sr. Admins have the ability to override map changes or votes if it is deemed improper.

When should Beacons be used?(top)

When a Beacon is requested by a human player, it is at the discretion of the administrator to fulfill that request. If that player is turned into a zombie, it is that administrator's responsibility to to disable their beacon. We do not want Beacons on zombies since the point of enabling a Beacon on a player is to alert zombies to humans. Alerting a zombie to another zombie's location is counter to the progress of the game.

When there are multiple admins on, who should handle the rule breakers?(top)

The admin who issues the first verbal or text warning to that individual is responsible for the escalation procedures. Do not interfere with that admin when they are performing their duty. Multiple admin participation leads to confusion and conflicts with the enforcement procedures.

Are we allowed to kick spectators if the server is full?(top)

No. We have an AFK Manager which will move AFK's to spectate and then kick them when appropriate. Admins do not need to worry about this. We want active participation in the game but we also want to maintain a full server at the same time. In order to achieve both goals, we developed the AFK manager. Admins and Donators are exempt from being removed while in AFK spectate.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 2, 2012
      • Jul 4, 2011
        To get admin you need to pay, it's 15 USD per month via PayPal.
      • Aug 2, 2012
      • Dec 2, 2011

That is one requirement that we have.
      • Feb 9, 2012
        If you follow the process, itll tell you to link your steam ID to your forum account (which i see you already did), then you may start the upgrade and one of the ways to pay for admin will be to login to your paypal and make the paypal..paypal will automatically make it a subscription for you since that's what the purchase is set as.
      • Aug 2, 2012
        I speak english pretty well I have lived in the U.S my entire life the reason why my name is El Scouto is because I think it sounds cool xD
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Just making sure. Also What questions do you have? @El Scouto
      • Aug 2, 2012
        But if I buy admin do I still have to make a subscription on the forums?
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Its the samething. You dont have to subscribe to both. You sign up on here so we can activate your admin ability's.
      • Aug 2, 2012
        SO right now if I make a subscription post and wait to be accepted and I dont have to pay?
      • Jan 21, 2011
        You buy admin by setting up a paypal subscription through the Get Admin link at the top of the page. It automatically adds the steam profile linked to your forum account to the system as admin. Then, you get a trainer to train you in the ways of administration and you're good to go.
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Yes you have too pay. I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking if you had to pay twice, But you pay for admin via paypal then you post a thread under admin subs and then include your steam id and paypal id and we will check and link the admin ability's to you after you complete training.
      • Apr 29, 2011
        Wow, I take 3 minutes typing something, and when I post it, 2 other posts pop up. Curse my slow typing.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Aug 2, 2012
          Thank you, all three of you for your help!