Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How to reduce the size of a model in hammer ?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Captain Jack, May 2, 2013

1. Apr 25, 2013

I have download some models in .obj format. I have converted them into smd (with Milkshapes ) then in mdl (with StudioMdl). But when I use them in Hammer, they are really big ! A table is like a building !!

My question is : how to reduce the size of a model IN HAMMER. I know you can reduce the size with Milkshapes but all the time I have to try 3 ou 4 times before i get the optimal size !! I have heard of a "scale" function of the model viewer but i cant find it :frown:

Thanks and have a nice day.
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    There isn't any scale function in hammer, you need to edit the .QC file before you compile it for hammer.

Insert this line into the .QC file:
    $scale "1.0"

1.0 = as it originally is
    2.0 = double the size
    0.5 = half the size

I hope i helped, have a good one
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    Well atleast you're having an issue with it being too big, when I imported models I made into Unreal Engine 3 for the first time, they were so small I couldn't stop laughing but to make a mini room for the lols alongside the map.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Apr 25, 2013
      "What is this? A model for ants?"

Well, your trick work Luffaren, but its a bit long :frown: I'll deal with it ! Thank!! :wink:
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • May 26, 2013
        Use milkshape the model editor to select all the polygons and then use the scale tool and scale it by 2 in the x y z, convert it to smd then compile if its not big enough then repeat that. If its too small scale it by .5 in x y z.