Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How well received would...

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by adinsx, Apr 18, 2014

1. Sep 7, 2010

-and...

Should rejoining the server to join as zombie each round continue to be a legitimate form of gaining points/rank?
  2. Sep 22, 2010
    There'd be much turmoil and raw hatred towards us. It has already been experimented on when map was changed to Battlesliders
  3. Sep 7, 2010
  4. Apr 24, 2012
    How would you enforce that rule??? What if someone crashed and rejoined.. would they have to wait until the next round to play? And maybe some people like playing as a zombie instead of being a human. Without having good zombies the game wouldn't be fun. Stop being so butthurt about the rank and just play the game.
    Nayr, Apr 19, 2014 Last edited by Nayr, Apr 19, 2014
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    It sounds like... You are taking the rank system as something important.
    Bad choice.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sep 7, 2010
      To enforce the rule is not as mystifying as you may think. You simply watch chat for a player consistently leaving and rejoining simply to join as a zombie immediately after they spawn... However I have a strong feeling you very well know how it could be enforced.

It is actually the opposite, by saying human kill farming is not allowed... it will remove the ridiculous behavior and promote honest playing.

...btw do you even zm bro?
    • Apr 24, 2012
      As I said, some people like playing as a zombie and don't want the stress from being a human and getting stabbed.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 7, 2010
        In a perfect world we would all be able to stay away from the stress of playing a game the way it was intended.. God forbid we get stressed. The truth of the matter is the zombie leave rejoin thing is exploited only by a select few people and its not to avoid the stress; its to avoid a large point loss.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 24, 2012
          As it was intended?... It is zombies Vs. Humans and Humans vs. Zombies. There are many ways to play this out depending on your preferred role. Should you be penalized if you decide that you want to hide and not fight as a human and try to beat the round that way. Should you be penalized as a human who doesn't like to be a zombie, but enjoys rather killing zombies and winning the round that way or further should you be penalized if you enjoy playing as a zombie seeking out to destroy hiding humans and humans trying to destroy you? Hmmmmmm sounds to me like there are many ways to play this game not just ONE INTENDED way as you suggest. If you don't like the ranking system don't type rank and you probably won't find out what your rank is. For those that do care too join as a zombie whether rank motivated or strategy, we all paid for the game. Who am I to tell you how to play it. You play the way you want because you can.... as long as its within the rules of plaguefest.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Sep 7, 2010
            The game was not intended to have people leave then rejoin, it is intended to have zombies occur naturally. Not once did i say zombies and humans should not try to kill each other... why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I never suggested "ONE INTENDED way". I never said i didn't like the rank system. You are trying to mutate the argument to other things that you find easier to argue and its getting annoying. If you want to always be a zombie stand in spawn and wait for someone to infect you. The only reason you are so adamant about being able to rejoin is solely because of its value for earning points.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jan 25, 2014
              I think the stats matter alot to some people and not at all to others...and maybe just a little to some. That being said, why do you want to reset it or "make it null"? People choose this server to play because it's set up this way....kinda like a "limited" ammo server....if you didn't want to play on an unlimited ammo server you would probably want to move on right....some people like escape because well...it's escape! I seem like you want to say that this isn't how the game is supposed to be played....but why? I missed the part where it says that. Just because you don't like it....doesn't mean someone else doesn't want to play it that way...and it's not against the rules....yet! Some people presume to know whats best for everyone, and don't like it when things aren't exactly as they feel it should be. Well if you are looking for that, or perhaps another gaming experience, seek out that location much like those who detests "unlimited" ammo ZM servers. I for one love it, and I like it just the way it is...and that's why I keep coming back to play here! IMHO If it ain't broke....don't try to fix it! No point in reinventing the wheel!:bugeyes:
            • Jan 21, 2011
              Of course Nayr is against this. The only notable thing he's done in life is hit #1 on ZM...
              • Zing! Zing! x 3
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Adinsx has a good point though, it can affect the gameplay for others. The way you guys get your rank up is rediculous. I do mine legit, and the closest i got was about 15~ a while back. After that people were thousands of points ahead of me. Like, you can literally see who the people are taking advantage of a loophole in the ranking system. Marked in red are the HUGE jumps of people obvious people taking advantage. Not giving anyone shit, just using it as an example.
                [IMG]

It is MUCH easier to live as a zombie and get kills as a zombie, so it's no wonder everyone reconnects to take advantage of it. And by clicking on your players and checking your Human VS Zombie times, it's obvious that the top 5 have been using the loophole because they have much higher ZM times, whereas the next bunch have higher Human times (excluding a few). What fun is rank when you can so easily get up that high? Where's the challenge? Do you do it because you want to take away the challenge/fun away from someone else? Or do you do it just because it's easy? Or is there another reason?

Personally, i don't really care for rank anymore because of how many people take advantage of this. I used to think of it as a fun little thing to compete for, but there really is no competition anymore. I love jzx, but damn him for starting this. Maybe that's part of the reason i don't play on ZM as much anymore, or maybe i'm just growing bored of it and finding ZE more fun (without the rank, rank is absolutely useless there). I mean, i find rank much more fun to work forward to on MG, because there isn't a way to take advantage of it and always gain points.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Sep 25, 2010
                  It should be reset periodically to give new players a chance to rank up. A resonable period I would say is 1 month.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jan 5, 2012
                    zm !ztele should be made similar to ze !ztele with a 3 sec duration or even few seconds longer. Regulars abuse instant !ztele far too much when they're about to die (yes i do this too). It's already hard enough to kill the regulars with donor/admin status with hp regain, instant !ztele just makes it worse.

Drastically reducing kill points obtained as a zombie or increasing kill points obtained as a CT, would probably prevent people from constantly playing as a zombie to farm points.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                      Senya, Apr 19, 2014 Last edited by Senya, Apr 19, 2014
                    • Jan 25, 2014
                      I think that might just make rank a mute point. Would make everyone want to be a zombie only. Would be chaos. People would be raging. What about racing to a number .....like first one gets to 10,000 or some other number of points......then the scores gets reset. But you gotta make like a wall of fame for those that make it there!
                    • Sep 25, 2010
                      Maybe monthly might be a bit insane but they still should be reset periodically.
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Apr 24, 2012
                        Here's another thought adding onto what spook said with a little modification. What if...when the first player reaches 10,000 instead of a wall of fame, offer an incentive like donator for one month then reset the scores. That might bring some new players to the server. I know this doesn't address the zombie issue but I still do believe players should be allowed to play whichever way they want whether it is zombie or human..Just sayin. Maybe It is time for a reset.
                      • Oct 13, 2011
                        I'm done with zm. I quit playing about 2 weeks ago and it seems like i'll never play it again. I'm done with I like to play as a zombie, but let me reconnect bullshit. I remember before rank system people used to get themselves stabbed and play. If you're supporting reconnecting and playing as a zombie then you are a fucking rank whore. If you just walk around and get stabbed, then I don't see any problems. I once saw 7-8 players reconnecting to become zombies... this is really bad for team balance.

I'm not gonna talk about this anymore because it's pointless, and i'm done with it. I've seen enough abusers and that made me quit.
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Informative Informative x 1
                        • Feb 27, 2012
                          I entirely agree with this entire statement. That's exactly what i do. If i'm not going to take being a human seriously, then i'll just fuck around and get stabbed (usually by one of the reconnecting people -.-) Personally, i'd like to see this treated as reconnecting to avoid death. It would be nice to have the "Player disconnected" messages back for that too.

Just to clarify, i don't care about my rank. The rank whores ruin the game for everyone, not just the legit (ones who don't reconnect) rank whores. Sure, you can say i can ignore the ranking system, but that doesn't change the fact of the people reconnecting to abuse the system as a group (groups are the worst for this, since they will run-boost and such together).