Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

How's this PC look?

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Arsis, May 22, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    Im finally ordering my new PC, but before i do i want everyone's opinions on this. Im planning on playing games like CS:S, BF3, D3, and MW3. I dont/cant want to make a PC so dont suggest that.

*Just a reminder i still haven't ordered this so feel free to make suggestions.

Specs:
    Case- Thermaltake Level 10GTS Mid Tower Gaming Case
    CPU- Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
    Fan- Asestek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
    Motherboard- Biostar H61MH Intel H61 Chipset DDR3
    Ram- 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/ 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory
    Video Card- AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 16X PCle
    Power Supply- 450 watts (Didnt mention who made it, cyberpower suggested 445)
    HDD- 500GB SATA-ll 3.0Gb/a 16MB Cache 7200RPM (Single)
    OS- Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Total Price- 736$
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Not bad, but the video card is a bit on the lower end side if you're expecting to run bf3 on ultra.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I'm probably going to run all the games on medium to high, but dunno yet, I can't afford upgrading the video card either.
    • May 14, 2011
      Find a PC with a cheaper case. That level 10 is one of the most expensive cases out there. And yes the hour needs to be better at that price.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
    • Mar 6, 2012
      Would you be adverse if I looked online at some PCs for sale in your range $730 with better stats?

Gah Prebuilts are so expensive... Someone here in Plaguefest should start side jobbing PCs for users.
      Marshall, May 23, 2012 Last edited by Marshall, May 23, 2012
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I didn't choose the case its stock with custom PC's there, almost every other case is more expensive, and there cheapest ones are only 30$ less then the one i have.

Go ahead :thumbsup:
    • Mar 19, 2011
      Would be nice, seems you could make a nice profit If you actually did to make some money I mean not overcharging but doing it for $50-$100 for labor.
    • Oct 27, 2010
      I'd get a PSU with a higher wattage probably, you should be okay with that one but if you need to expand/upgrade you may be limited by that 450; also better one will probably be more efficient.
    • Dec 2, 2011
      I built something similar to this.Yes fully submerged :grin:

via http://youtu.be/Eub39NaC4rc
    • May 14, 2011

(yes i know they will die)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dec 2, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          That is pretty expensive for what you are getting. I spent a little over a $1100 on mine several months ago.

You can definitely cut down on the price if you removed the peripherals and monitor from the equation.

• Feb 12, 2012
          @sajak Should i change the case because I didn't choose anything different, thats just chosen for you, and which graphics card should I get?
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Honestly, it all really comes down to the question, "how long do I want this computer to be worthwhile before I need to upgrade again?" If it's only for a year or two, you're fine. But if you want it for a longer run, then you'll need to seriously consider upgrading most of the parts you are planning on buying at the moment. What that ultimately means is you are going to have to spend more money on better products.

@Brett - Can you chime in here?
        • Feb 12, 2012
          Yea im going to keep this for a very long time probably.
        • Feb 5, 2012
        • Mar 19, 2011
          I would just say to save up when you have a sure 1000$ to spend, patience it is rewarding.
        • Nov 11, 2011

It is better to save up and buy better and quality stuff if you want it to last several years. :-/
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            The fuck? This is from CyberPower? No wonder why you're getting ripped off by hundreds of dollars. And have fun running BF3, you'll be lucky to play on low settings with a 6670. Even if you're using something like CyberPower, at least pick out something better, a Biostar..... H61....? "Hi, I'd like a to buy a bike that'll last a long time. Could you please give me that fully rusted, duct-taped-together, no-name brand bike on that shelf please?"

Also, if you plan on keeping it for a long time, you obviously should just learn to build a computer... it takes like an hour to watch Newegg's How to build a computer video. Building one will not only save you hundreds, but for the same price, you could be rolling with up to three times the PC power.

Oh and a reminder about websites that mass build PC's for you, be prepared to get the cheapest, least costly, most unreliable products out there. This thing will last you 6 months then either break down from its unreliable parts, or become outdated. I'm not trying to be an asshole here, I'm trying to get the damn point across that you're wasting your money, and are just going to get a shit product in the end. What you SHOULD do, even if you're still completely fricken lazy, is buy the parts, then have a family member or friend build it for you. Please at least give it a shot, prove the lazy American stereotype wrong:silly: : http://plaguefest.com/threads/building-or-just-want-to-know-about-a-pc-click-here.10090/
            • Winner Winner x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              Thanks for saying what I didn't want to say flat out. I just wanted to be an :angel: . I saw Biostar and I almost dropped out of my chair in laughter lol. Anyways Arsis, you should build your own PC... it's like playing with legos, you just have to make sure that you don't mix different size legos together and you'll be fine (meaning, make sure everything you buy is compatible in the specifications).