Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

HP?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Fornax, Jan 22, 2013

What do we want?

HP + 3 vote(s) 6.7%
HP is fine 23 vote(s) 51.1%
Faster regenerate 6 vote(s) 13.3%
HP + and faster regenerate 11 vote(s) 24.4%
AFK wait till next round, be a human and kill zombies. 2 vote(s) 4.4%
  1. Jun 18, 2012
    Soooooo luckily I'm not often a starter zombie ... but just last round on ZE_christmas_infection I would've died about 5 times if it wasn't for the map giving HP (I think). Eventhough this happens I still wasn't able to attack at all. I think I made about 5-10 attempts to get even near them to find I'm under 1K HP again. SO back to waiting for moar HP. Just guessing but I think I would've died about 10 times if I'd be attacking continously, and we all know dieing/losing a round IS PRETTY FRUSTRATING (at times).

Anyhow, I know this thing has been brought up in the past (and I understand it can be quite tricky depending on the number of people playing/map/ etc. etc.). But it enrages me pretty much every single time I join ZE that I can't even attack a number of times. The best technique to achieve something is to simply wait for that one final hold in a map, which you know of is hard to hold for CT's and then just throwing in all the little HP you have in a lucky attempt to do something.

From the CT side though you won't hear me complain. You just bring peoples HP down and in the end they'll quit attacking, making the game somewhat easier, and if they don't you can add another kill to your list. (Which I personally like a lot, which you could suggest it'd be better for me to shut up and get kills.)Guess this makes it even harder to balance it out.

TL DR; ZE HP is to low, it's been brought up in the past but nothing has been done about it (yet), and the fact that you can barely attack, unless if you want to die multiple times a round, is pretty frustrating. From a CT's point of view, it's not as much of a problem though. Guess we can pretty much call this a bump cause this discussion has been going on for a while now?
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Donor perks have zombie skins with regeneration. Different types of zombies have different sizes of health/knock-back. Have you tried something different than the half-zombie? It has low health and high knock-back.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Only the headcrab has more HP, which I doubt is 10K higher.
  4. May 15, 2011
    He's talking about the starting zombie, The Witch. I think.
  5. Jun 18, 2012
    I'm talking about all zombies in general, the with included. Which maybe should have even more HP since it's the ''mother'' zombie.
  6. Mar 4, 2012
    I disagree. I pretty much always use half zombie and I find it pretty easy to take out stragglers if not sneak my way into the middle of the entire group and ruin the round for everybody. It definitely depends on the map and number of people playing though.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Zombies aren't meant to have ridiculous amounts of HP and take 5,000 bullets before dying, that's why we have zombie teleports in (most) maps. As a zombie you should expect to die a few times. I know this isn't that comparable to our 'real' definition of zombies, but I don't think it should take 5 minutes of shooting to kill a single one.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I would mainly say faster regenerate... It's very slow atm, and if it does regenerate, it's not a lot. I would dare suggesting 200hp every second.
      Other ways are for the mappers to add health for zombies. I'm planning to do this, teleport it all around the stages, and put every X meters further for zombies to easily regain a lot of health.

I don't want them to be unkillable, but they should at least be able to survive without staying behind a corner and painfully wait for many seconds, just to get back in battle and die 2 seconds later.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        True most of the time this indeed happens a lot, on any often played map on PF. But if CT's are organized for even the slightest moment it gets pretty hard to find your way in.
        Post Merged, Jan 22, 2013
        On some holds you can lose about 1,5K HP by jumping up only 1 time ... 10K (for example) is a lot less then it seems.

Also I'd like to repeat that dieing is frustrating. And I don't see why I should expect to die, in the past I never had to die multiple rounds as a zombie.

I personally don't think mappers should take care of this, sure they can add a certain amount of HP but mappers don't know what certain servers work like,with, as a result, having unkillable zombies on for example dejavu.

Besides that ... the bold line of yours. :razz:
      • Dec 6, 2011
        As I mentioned zombies aren't supposed to sit there and endure bullets for long amounts of time. Donor skins give decent regeneration that is perfectly fine as it is.

You can go ahead and add HP to zombies in a map, but unless it's ze_industrial_dejavu, then people are going to get bored and annoyed of the fact that their zombie shooting is doing basically nothing. It's also just going to ruin using any other weapon than the P90, since the other weapons are used for damage over knock-back (such as the pump shotty or even the M249 in a way).
        1.5k HP in one jump? I can only see that happening with 50 players all shooting you at once... which should be expected if you're one of the only zombies. CT's should not have to fear a single zombie or handful of zombies.
      • May 5, 2012
        The hp of the zombies is untouched in the current version of christmas infection.
        I however do agree that zombies are too easy to kill, a slight boost in hp and/or regeneration would help alot to make it not so frustrating to be a zombie.. Zombies are also players! :weep:
        Magic, Jan 22, 2013 Last edited by Magic, Jan 24, 2013
      • Apr 9, 2012
        You're right, but the amount that I will add of HP is not going to be 10k+, it's gonna be between 2000-3000, that way it's a little bit more agreeable for zombies and then it won't be too bad for servers with other settings, since the amount isn't too much, but not nothing as well.

I am dumb, I don't understand what you mean with "Besides that ... the bold line of yours."

I see what you mean and you're right, but I don't understand why you say the Pump Shotty is used for damage... Hasn't the knockback of it been increased recently? I have always chosen the pump for knocback as well (though the M3 is far more effective in this case).

Anyways as I said, it's not going to be a lot. In the end I might not add it after all, but I've been thinking of doing it eventually since I really am from the POV that this will help zombies a little bit more to enjoy playing the stages.
      • May 31, 2012
        ^ same as he describes for me. Maybe I'm just pretty good at being a zombie though :beatup:
      • Jun 18, 2012
        And this.

No, just on dejavu, with a team of +- 6 CT's I lost about 1,4k HP on 2 charges. (With 4 of them focussing on the other few zombies.)

Edit: CT's never have to fear a single zombie, you can keep about 2-3 at a safe range using only dualies (Granted someone is there to back you up.)
        Stragglers are no problem for anyone, but when people deceide to hold instead of running to the door like monkeys, it gets tricky. (Eventhough not a lot of people do that.)
        Fornax, Jan 22, 2013 Last edited by Fornax, Jan 22, 2013
      • Dec 6, 2011
        You don't make any sense, dejavu has zombies buffed to outrageous amounts for that reason, why are you complaining?
      • May 31, 2012
        Christmas doesn't and I'm thinking about asking to get it removed because it's not fun to play it as a zombie. I'm making a new version just for that...
      • Jun 18, 2012
        This is an overal problem not just dejavu, also it was the first cycle, JUST AN EXAMPLE. Or does guns do different damage on other maps. -.-
      • May 27, 2008
        Too much shit on the side of this discussion distracted me from reading this correctly. I think HP is fine.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Just so I'm clear, we have probably the hardest Zombie server, and you guys want to make the zombies more powerful?
          • Like Like x 2
          • Winner Winner x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Jun 18, 2012
            I personally don't think PF is much harder than any other server atm, maybe before the burning nades with knockback, but now certainly not anymore (in MY opinion). Probably the thing that does make PF a bit harder compared to any other server is the fact that it's so populair. But yes, I often get pissed cause I can do so little as a zombie, and though this might be nice when you're a human, it really is no fun at all as a zombie. I guess the comparison has to be made if considering the amount of time you're ussually a zombie, is worth the HP upgrade, when most of the time you're a CT? Also like people sad before, it sometimes depends on maps/players/ etc. too.

Edit: Maybe it'd be an idea to ask a lot of regs on the forums about this too? Don't want to provide whoever does the settings with a lot of work if eventually everyone will dislike it/ it doesn't work out/ needs multiple tweaking.