Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

HUD Completely out of proportion

Discussion in Technical Support started by JorisCeoen, Mar 22, 2014

1. Apr 9, 2012
    I'm having an unfortunate problem with my HUD all of a sudden:

[IMG]

I haven't been on CS:S for quite some time by now, it's been 2 months or something? Now when I joined my HUD came with this and it's happening on any server or even with bots. Does anyone have a clue? I couldn't fix it with refreshing the Cache.

I'd like to have a fix soon because I want to record the upcoming event.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    Have you tried getting rid of your custom hud? Try getting rid of it and all of it's files, or reinstalling it. Also, check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\resource and see that only these fonts are in there:
    cs.ttf
    csd.ttf
    cslogo.ttf
    cstrike.ttf

...and check your download/resource folder, as well as custom/yourcustomhud/resource

Last thing you could try is back up anything you need out of CSS, delete your cstrike folder, verify your game cache, and check if it is fixed. Then slowly start adding stuff back until you find out what is breaking your HUD.
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    I tried deleting those and letting them redownload but that didn't happen. I'll try the last thing I guess. This is so weird lol
  4. Feb 11, 2012
    Ohhhh this is what you were talking about. I personally have never seen this before.
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    Simply reinstalling CS:S has fixed the problem. I wished why it produced like that, but the fix is reinstalling after all. Thansk for the help Tony!
    Post Merged, Mar 22, 2014
    Ok I'm a 100% sure now, I tested it back and forth: Having any of these fonts installed in your Windows/Fonts folder will produce the error. Weird enough, I've had these fonts installed for years in my font folder and never gave me any problems until today... So yea, not sure but that's it in any case. A reinstall may still be required because I also did this BEFORE deinstalling CS:S and it didn't work/reproduce, and only did so after the installation.