Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

HUD Problem

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by FallenExile, Apr 30, 2012

1. Jul 14, 2011
    Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but if anyone knows an easy way, or just anyway to fix this. Please, let me know.
    Also, I put a picture in rar file just in case you wanna make sure what it is. Thanks,
    FallenExile.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Nov 29, 2010
      You were playing around with your hud elements, no?

Anyways have you tried deleting everything except your maps folder and redownloading CSS?
    • Jul 14, 2011
      Naah. I wasn't messing with anything, its been like this for a while. But now, I rather just fix it, but yeah, i'm gonna reinstall it right now. Annnd yes, I saved the maps.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      In this case I would go through with your plan back up your map directory. Delete the local data, reinstall and drop the map folder back in.
    • Jul 14, 2011
      It's still the same.. Reinstalled and everything. :[
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Did you delete the cstrike directory after you uninstalled / confirmed there was no configuration files remaining?
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Delete materials and models from the cstrike directory. You have no need to delete maps or any of that. Worse comes to worse just download a HUD from gamebanana and drop it in there, maybe replacing it would work.
    • Mar 5, 2012
      I dealt with this a few months ago after installing a NASTY hud.
      http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30377473&postcount=3

Basically, the newest Steam feature is cloud syncing.
      Aka, You can load a config on X machine.. Go to a friends house, login and your settings will carry over from your X machine to his Y machine.

Now that becomes a problem because your crap GUI is now loaded on Steam's Server, Your cstrike, AND another location on your machine.
      Refer here to reset to default:
      http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784
    • Jul 14, 2011

Yeah, I did. I made sure there were no, configuration files.

Anathema

That may possibly work. I'll try that soon.

Alias8818

It's most likely that, I'll do it when I get home from school.

Anyways guys, thanks for the help so far. :smile:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 14, 2011
        Woooow, I found the problem. I had a counter strike font that I would use for videos I edited, and apparently that affected the game itself. So I deleted the font, and its fixed now :smile:
        • Zing! Zing! x 1