Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Huge Zombie Escape Map in progress

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Neix Athomix, Oct 15, 2011

1. Jun 21, 2011
    Hey guys, how are you, maybe you saw me playing in the ZE server, well i want to share with you that im making a Zombie Escape Map, i really don't know how much time it will take, but i have no rush for it.
    Its going to be good, for real. Today its the first day i start making the map, i just finished the Spawn, it begins like boatescape, with the water in the middle, but just a bit of that, i have in mind the hole map but the end.
    So, here is a pic, quite well for the first day.
    Next step is making a turn to the left and a defense area waiting to a gate to open leading underground.

I will update the Topic when i make some more progress.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Nice! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :thumbsup:
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    Ooo, can't wait to play it! :smile:
  4. Apr 15, 2010
    Good luck, and dont give up :thumbsup:
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    Looking good, keep it up. :thumbsup:
  6. Feb 20, 2011
    I can't see the picture? :confused:
  7. Jun 21, 2011
    Thanks dudes, these comments make me keep going, like i said, now im going to make a turn into left and like some barricades and an underground way that later goes up to the surface again, but like i said, it is not going to be short, its going to be a large map.

Hey Mckay i give you the direct link: http://s4.postimage.org/6hbol25ac/ZE_in_progress.jpg paste it in your browser :grin:
  8. Jul 1, 2010
    Sounds good :grin: Looking forward to progress updates!
  9. Mar 25, 2011
    What is that thing with 100 vertexes on the bottom right? Making huge maps, you're really going to have to watch your vertex usage. It's so easy to just ignore it and pass the limit, breaking your map.

I also noticed that the name of your .vmf file has spaces in it, you'll want to save it with underscores instead, the .bsp will not work if you have any spaces in the file name.
  10. Jun 21, 2011

Hey, i have a trouble, the water only works when i am UNDERWATER, yes, if i look the water from above i see NOTHING and missing walls where the water is, but if i go in it works like its supose to. Any ideas guys ?
    I have irregular surfaces where the water goes.
  11. May 15, 2011
    A leak, maybe?
  12. Sep 22, 2010
    And the assistance by the mappers begin.
    Athomix welcome to plaguefest.
  13. Mar 19, 2011
    Welcome Neix, Best of Luck on the map.

If you need Assistance I'm sure Kaemon and our Newest Mapper GrandOp can help you if they have the time.

Usually Kaemon does assist newer Ze Mappers So I'm sure he can be a benefit towards your map.
  14. May 20, 2011
    Good luck on the map man, we've got your back :wink:
  15. Oct 15, 2011
    Thanks dudes for those comments.
    Yea, i think the water is touching some walls.
    but is so hard to make the water fills the space that i want to be filled, because its so irregular.
    but im not quitting this map, so far its not so bad, actually im kinda liking it.
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    Well I'm not seeing any skybox in the photo at all, so maybe that's your problem.

Also as far as i know displacements don't seal a map.
  17. Jun 21, 2011
    Project in current Stop, check my other map in progress, that one is going to be a hell of a map !